Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Feldmann Talks With Alt Press

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

John Feldmann talked with Alt Press in a new interview:

Look, without The Used, I don’t think we’d be talking. The Used were definitely the catalyst that started my career as a producer. Goldfinger had a pretty good run, but we never did become Green Day. Ultimately, the Used are the one band that I knew I could help as a songwriter and as someone who can both arrange music and record music, I knew I could help them. So it is awesome to have come around full circle. There were years that went by where I thought, “Why wouldn’t I have done a label when I first discovered the Used?” [all] those years ago instead of signing them to Warner [Records]. Everything happens for a reason: I don’t look back and think, “Goddamn it, what I should’ve done was…” I always look forward. What’s next?

2. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

I distinctly remember watching the Maybe Memories DVD with the making-of their first record and being amazed by Feldmann.

3. laraheart

This is cool. Have always liked this guy, hope the new venture works out for him.

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’ve come to really enjoy the work he’s done with bands. Hes had a hand in some of my favorite albums. The last Goldfinger is still very good too!

I’ve noticed a change in his guitar tones since 2015-2016 too. That’s literally the one thing that bugged the crap out of me around that time. Goldfinger, that Makeout Party band, Good Charlotte, Blink, 5SOS all had the same guitar tones around the time. Now there’s more crunch in the guitars and the strings don’t sound dead. That said, it’s crazy awesome seeing how much he’s grown as a producer and song writer when you go back to the first The Used album.

333 GANG likes this.
  5. manoverboard679

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

Its funny because I said the same exact thing with his drum sound between 2002-2005. You could instantly tell it was a Feldmann record by that snare