Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joe Trohman Taking a Break from Fall Out Boy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. sowrongitsryan

Regular

Health is wealth. Best of luck to him

3. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

Totally not surprised after reading his book that dude has been through the ringer! Sending him and all his friends and family positive vibes!!!

[​IMG]

theasteriskera likes this.
  4. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

All the best to Joe! Looking forward to his return!

5. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Good for him. Excited for him to take the time to get healthy.

6. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Wonder if that’s been part of the plan all along?

7. Iain

Regular

Didnt realise he had a book?

8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

"None of This Rocks" from last year, I'm yet to find it somewhere around as well

Iain likes this.
  9. Iain and Bartek T. like this.
  10. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

11. Drew23

Regular

Seems like weird timing.

12. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

They were probably waiting to see if he was ready once promotion was needed. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like he is. Hope the best for him

Frinet42 likes this.
  13. Miller304

Be excellent to one another. Supporter

When would be a good time for him to address his mental health?

artbynickferran likes this.
  14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think they were suggesting during the hiatus and not announcement of the bands return/likely album promotion/touring. Just a guess.

Honestly, sucks he’s going through tough times but good on him and every other artist like Justin Pierre of MCS (and many others) who are hitting the pause button in their career to take the time to take care of themselves for their own sake and for those who love them. Also, good on the band for keeping his spot waiting for him when he’s ready. I also think being open with the fan base on this stuff is important. Hopefully it creates a space for positive discussion about a difficult topic for people to put into words.

We get a new FOB record and he was still a part of that too.

Bartek T. and Miller304 like this.
  15. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

it came out last year in september, i rented a copy around the holidays from my library. great read, highly recommended!

[​IMG]

Iain likes this.
  16. Drew23

Regular

I support him, I'm just saying the day the band releases a new song is when he comes out.

17. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

so everyone gets all the news all at once is my guess. people would be more bummed if they dropped a new tune, and then a week later joe said CYA!

18. blogbacktome

He was missing from the music video and the Jimmy Kimmel song debut. They really had no choice but to announce it when they did because people would be wondering what’s up and the theater of the mind is always to jump to the worst conclusion.

I agree with what the comment above says - probably were hoping he’d be able to come back so they didn’t announce it previously.

Bartek T. and WadeCastle like this.
  19. Not everything has to be a conspiracy

20. Drew23

Regular

True

21. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter