Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joan of Arc - Tim Melina Theo Bobby (December 4, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Sep 25, 2020.

1. I haven't kept up with this band and I'm not the most familiar with their back catalogue but the single is really beautiful and I've been listening to it a lot. The album showed up in my inbox yesterday and I just listened to it twice, I really think it's gonna be great for cold winter nights when I'm trying to do something creative. I'm gonna do some catch-up but this is also quite a bit more tame than what I remember hearing from them a couple albums ago

coleslawed and Elder Lightning like this.
  2. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

new single is amazing

jordalsh likes this.
  3. I think this might be a really weird opinion idk but this album would be like a great entry point for this band. It's straightforward while still having some of their quirks; it's approachable while still being interesting; it's beautiful but also sometimes very funny. It's a great note for them to go out on and it's made me get to know this band a lot better.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

5. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

yeah... i love this a ton.

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

7. a positive pitchfork review. wow

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Tim is starring in a film out in March.

Firstness – Cinema Unbound

Here’s a short trailer from last year, but the release date was only just announced today.

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They are back for one night only tomorrow.

https://www.chicagohumanities.org/events/attend/joan-arc/

“Joan of Arc is back for one night and one night only. This legendary Chicago band is teaming up once again to perform their original score to Carl Dreyer’s classic silent film The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928). Come out to the historic Music Box Theater to experience their haunting music live with one of the true masterpieces of silent cinema. You won’t want to miss this unique performance by this beloved Chicago band”