Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

JMSN Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Letterbomb31, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Letterbomb31 Apr 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 1, 2017)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Absolutely loved his last release in 2014, one of my favourite r&b records.

1st single from It Is:

music video:

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This guy rules, song rules, album will probably rule.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  3. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

new song

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

New video

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. beachdude

Gonna check that new song/video in a bit.

6. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Another new one

7. beachdude

[​IMG]

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  8. OotyPa

fall away

yayyy

9. irthesteve

How is this not out yet? Haha, so many pre-release tracks!

10. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

11. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

12. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

just started this it's so good :verysad:

13. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Opening track is really damn smooth

14. irthesteve

This album's great, really enjoying this

15. Letterbomb31 May 6, 2016
    (Last edited: May 7, 2016)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

This isn't as good as the blue album. However, it is a solid addition to his discography. After listening to the album once I've already removed "Good Ol' Case of the Blues", "Juice (Interlude)" and "Be A Man, Pt 2", I hate spoken interludes and for some reason this album is full of them lol. They just seem really corny and aren't something I need to hear again. If you ignore those 3 interludes, you have 10 great songs here. "Cruel Intentions", "Hypnotized" and "Possessed" are my favourites so far.

16. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I'll never get over the fact that this is him

17. Letterbomb31 May 7, 2016
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

"It Is" just feels like a short intro track. "Fantasize" feels like an interlude too, seeing as JMSN only sings like one or two lines on it. When you take that into consideration there's only like 8 full length songs on here, haha. Luckily those 8 songs are great. The best songs were already released before the album though.

I said it before but all the spoken interludes on this totally drag it down. They're just so damn corny and ruin the flow of the album. I've deleted the 3 spoken interlude tracks but there are still spoken interludes at the end of "Fuck U" and the beginning of "Be A Man, Pt 1"... there's just no escaping them on this album, haha.

18. irthesteve

Other than the 2 minute one, I didn't really notice for whatever reason. But now I'll probably not be able to ignore it, THANKS haha

19. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

love the spoken word tracks, the corniness is just part of jmsn's vibe

20. Letterbomb31 May 7, 2016
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

You're welcome ;-)

True, I guess I just find it easier to digest when he's singing corny lyrics rather than just directly speaking them. The cheesiness is foregrounded soooo much during the spoken interludes on here.

Despite this, I am really enjoying the album. I just don't think it's as good as his last one.

21. irthesteve

So I gotta say, I'm really surprised it affects you. "Blues" is great, the music behind it really makes the interlude-y nature work. Juice is dumb, yeah, and Be A Man 2 is no problem either. You make it seem like there's so much spoken word, but there totally isn't!

22. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

The spoken bit on "Fuck U" has grown on me, I'll admit that haha. It's inspirational, in a cheesy sort of way. I guess it's just that for me personally, I feel like there's more spoken word stuff than I would've wanted. I always just hate skits/spoken word stuff, for me it doesn't matter which album it is, it always ends up ruining the flow for me. I've been kinda obsessed with James Blake's album the last few days, so I haven't listened to this as much as I was expecting to, but when I get back to it I'm gonna try to listen through a couple more times with the interludes to see if they grow on me. Really hoping they do.

23. irthesteve

Run through with cutting ONLY Juice and you might find your happy medium ;-)

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  24. beachdude

Loving the self-titled album and It Is. How's his earlier stuff?

25. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Priscilla is considerably worse than his last two albums. There's some good stuff on there ("Alone", "Something", "Fallin" and "Love & Pain" are my favourite songs), but nothing that even comes close to the best stuff on the Blue album. Definitely check out his EP, Pllajë, I'd say that's up there with his recent stuff.

beachdude42 likes this.