Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

The legit reason I never listened to JEW was because all my friends told me it was dad-rock and now I feel better and more justified for missing out for so long.

2. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Gotta go with Clarity.

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

voted for clarity! Happy with my choice, that record laid down the groundwork for a lot of music after it.

4. I haven't listened to Jimmy Eat World too much, but so far Bleed American is an album I can put on repeat for days

5. AllMyOwnStunts

Take_Apart_Your_Head

Futures > Clairty > Bleed American > Static Pravails > Chase This Light > Invented/Damage

Stay On My Side Tonight is one of my favorite EPs of all time, no doubt.

6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Had to go with Futures. I can listen to that album over and over and never get tired of it.

7. panthersoup

I am more or less alive

I was thinking about this on the bus this morning and I see this thread now...weird coincidence.

Futures > Clarity > CTL > Damage > Invented > Bleed American
    Haven't given Static Prevails or anything else before Clarity a good listen.

I think the only thing that makes Futures the definitive best for me over Clarity is the production. It's more polished and slick, which is more to my taste. It's super close though. Both are all-time favorites for me. I don't know where I'd put it in a ranking but Stay On My Side Tonight deserves a nod too, it's so fucking good. The general sound and atmosphere of it (besides the remix) is amazing.

I never really "got" Bleed American. It's decent, but I only like about half the songs on it and I feel like it's their weakest by a pretty significant margin because of that.

8. gumbyjag

Everything Evil

Clarity changed me life.

9. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Really tight grouping for me of Bleed American / Futures / and Clarity. I chose BA only because it just reminds me of a certain time in my life.

10. Jay Z

Futures>Bleed American>Chase This Light>Clarity>Damage>Invented

I kind of think of Stay On My Side Tonight as an extension of Futures, just because it came out next after that album and I think the songs could have easily fit on Futures.

airik625 likes this.
  11. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Futures>CTL=Bleed American>Invented>Clarity>Damage>Static Prevails

12. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Futures > Clarity > Chase This Light > Bleed American > Damage > Invented

However, I love all of the records/songs bar two songs from Invented.

Funny enough, the order of albums I got into were: Damage - Bleed American - Futures - Invented - Clarity - Chase This Light

The order in which the albums clicked for me were: Futures - Damage - Bleed American - Invented - Chase This Light - Clarity

13. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I've always wished I was able to connect with Clarity more just because of how beloved it is. Never could. Maybe some day.

Futures is my third favorite album of all time though. So there's that.

14. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Futures > Clarity > Bleed American > Damage > Chase This Light > Invented > Static Prevails

Love them all though. One of the most consistently great bands that there is.

15. celluloid dreams

Regular

I voted for Futures, but since nobody has voted for Static Prevails yet, I feel the need to mention that Claire and Call It in the Air are two of my favorite Jimmy Eat World songs.

16. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Jimmy Eat Workd is such a consistant my good band it's hard to pick a favorite. The stretch from Clarity through Chase This Light is insane. Each album has insane replay value. I had to go with Clarity and Bleed American, but both are probably tied with Futures as well. I can play all three of those over and over and over, without skipping any tracks and never ever get tired of them.

Add in the incredible live show these guys put on.. Well they will go down as one of the greats. Also Damage is super underrated.

17. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Chase This Light, but it was a hard decision.

18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Can never do an adequate ranking for them. It's kind of like:

Futures
    Clarity and Chase This Light
    Invented, Damage, and Bleed American
    Static Prevails

19. DesolateEarth

Birb

Futures
    Chase This Light
    Bleed American
    Clarity
    Damage
    Invented

20. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Bleed American
    Futures
    Chase This Light
    Clarity
    Damage
    Invented
    Static Prevails

21. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

This is both easy and difficult at the same time. This band has been a primary influence in my life, and I can safely say they have been there for me more than they will ever know. I told this to Jim a few years ago, but I'm not sure if bands/artists truly know those words are genuine b/c they must hear them all the time. But I digress.

Futures (#1 overall)
    Clarity
    Bleed American
    Chase This Light
    Damage
    Invented
    Static Prevails

That covers it. Futures remains a life-changing album for me. Came at the exact right time for me and I have vivid memories of playing that thing on repeat for weeks, maybe even months when I was 21. Significant album for me. I wrote a review (not sure if I was staff at the time of its publishing) for it way back in 2008, attempting to sum up its importance to me. Damage came at a similar time, but frankly, it's too daunting a task to toss that album ahead of the other three.

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Same. Plus they played those songs as encore after they played all of Futures. Or at least at my stop they did.

23. SVXDan83

Regular

Futures
    Clarity
    Bleed American
    Chase This Light
    Invented
    Damage
    Static Prevails

Chase this light is prob. the one I listen to the least besides Static Prevails. But holy shit Dizzy is such a good song!

24. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

The title track on Invented single handedly lifts that album near the top for me. It's that good.

I would legitimately sooner live without Clarity than live without that song. AND I LOVE CLARITY

Iago and chhholly123 like this.
  25. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

Futures
    Clarity
    Bleed American
    Invented
    Chase This Light
    Static Prevails
    Damage

this band is ok i like this band