Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 544

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

so another single? please lead towards an album

.K. likes this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wow liars

Carrow likes this.
  3. the art is hot

4. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Well damn!

5. this does seem to hint at the 'we're dropping singles more often for a bit' but I don't care, more new shit please

6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I’ll place my bet that this is good.

theasteriskera likes this.
  7. Fox83 Jul 11, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2022)
    Fox83

Trusted

I'll just go ahead and say it then: If the kings of album closers don't release an album, then they'll never be able to close an album with an album closer again! :teethsmile:

8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Imagine releasing 23 as a standalone single.

Fox83 likes this.
  9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I welcome any new Jimmy material, but I do see great value in albums and ep’s. Glad there isn’t a huge gap between song releases, and maybe in culminate in a combined release eventually.

Brother Beck likes this.
  10. contra11mundum

Just think if we hadn’t seen that interview we’d have made a Jimmy Eat World (TBA 2022) thread by now

11. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

8 more "singles" to go

Brother Beck, Fox83, .K. and 2 others like this.
  12. Zach Lind

Jimmy Eat World Verified

Thing is none of us have ever said we aren’t interested in releasing albums in the future. I think we all need to do some comprehensive reading exercises. For NOW we are doing this. Truth is after our touring cycle for Surviving vanished into thin air, the band body clock needs some time to adjust. In the end the thing that prob guides what we do is the music more than anything else. If the pieces feel like they are fitting together in a cohesive vision then that usually points to a larger collection of tunes. Sometimes, especially after releasing 5 albums in a row without an EP or a major stand alone single release, it’s nice to try something different.

13. I'll take new music in whatever form. you guys are on a hot streak at the moment, for sure. standalone singles being collected into a future physical release would be sweet!

also thank you for Manchester last week - I got to see you do your thing from front row and the reminder of how good you are at what you do (all of you really, but you specifically as a massive influence on my development as a drummer) was really appreciated. I'm ready for whatever's next, hopefully see you again next year!

14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Open for anything, but I'm already excited for that newer single - had a chance to ask Tom after the show if "Something Loud" is an indication of what's to come, and he said that another single is going to be more classic, mellow Jimmy Eat World. Hopefully not messing around, cause I'd love that.

bradsonemanband, anonimito and Carrow like this.
  15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Thanks for clarifying Zach. I think we all probably overreacted here, ha.

I definitely hold the album as an artform near and dear to my heart, and historically, I’ve struggled when artists I follow switch over to the single approach. Couple that trend with a broader listenership that is all singles all the time and I tend to get a little precious about this shit! But I totally get why losing a touring cycle and coming off a long span of albums every three years would necessitate a break in the pattern every once in awhile. Sorry to be a Debbie downer.

For what it’s worth, I really do love “Something Loud.” Feels like a fresh new direction for you guys. Looking forward to hearing whatever comes next.

16. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Zach is right here with the "reading comprehension" bit hyhyh, they didn't say they would never return to making a full album, and I guess it's totally fair - much better getting a few new songs or an EP on the way, than to have a band burnt out making a sloppy album full of filler or disbanding for a few years. As a fan of both, the band, and the album form, I'm still happy to get new music! Some other bands like Circa Survive said it more explicitly like "this might be the last LP material", but that's still not definite.

A bit off the topic, but do you people have their 2000 "Singles" collection on Spotify? It's not available here in Poland, I'm thinking if it maybe has never been uploaded even.

Brother Beck likes this.
  17. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

We do not. AFAIK it’s never been on any streaming services.

Bartek T. and Carrow like this.
  18. there are three different versions anyway and the Japanese import covers everything IIRC

Bartek T. likes this.
  19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

ZACH LIND FROM THE TOP ROPE!

20. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

To be fair, I want it on record that my preferences and desires for musical consumption and my hopes and well-wishes for the band to be comfortable and happy with what they're doing can and do mutually co-exist.

After all, a happy band increases the chances of another album. ;-)

21. Zach Lind

Jimmy Eat World Verified

All good! Let’s be honest……this debate between albums vs. smaller releases are not had internally in a band that has 12 cohesive bangers in the bag. This is a direction we are taking after being honest with ourselves and our limitations coming out of Covid. It’s possible whatever we release could be physically packaged in a way that makes sense but we don’t know that quite yet. This will all prob make more sense when you hear place your debts.

22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Any chance you will be back to DC soon? Been too long since I’ve seen you all at the 9:30 Club.

23. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Forever excited for new Jimmy Eat World

FireUpTheSystem, Brother Beck and .K. like this.
  24. contra11mundum

Thanks Zach. Super cool you’d take the time to come in here and clarify some things for us. We love you on here!

25. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I love it when a band member makes a guest appearance on a forum. Happened on the previous board I posted on a couple times. It's nice.

Edit: Expanding on that thought. It's nice because it adds to the feeling of community, from a fanbase to the music they are fans of. It's a nice thing to be a part of.