Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 432

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

looks like the pre-show doesn't come up with the stream, goes straight into the show. bummer

2. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I didn't know there wasn't a ton of love for "One Mil", love that song. That live version was great! Whole show was amazing - Jim did an amazing job mixing that.

Wish I could download the stream for my personal collection, I'd love to be able to watch on demand.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It's a v pretty stream so far

David Parke likes this.
  4. Idk about everyone else but one mil is great save for the solo — Jim’s favorite part of the whole record. Hahaha

5. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

One Mil lets me enjoy Sudden Death in Carolina unproblematically.

6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Quality is amazing. I’ll definitely watch this a few times

7. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Got that Zach retweet!

upload_2021-1-15_20-35-18.jpeg

8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

That was pretty neat. Really looking forward to futures though...that album fucks me up.

Toner likes this.
  9. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

There are so many great “live sounding” songs from Surviving I hope they add to their arsenal.

The whole thing was great, but One Mil, Diamond and especially Congratulations blew my socks off. I’ll be rewatching this one for sure

David Parke and Onlyadirector like this.
  10. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Also, fuck me, the pre show sounds amazing. I want all those things. Hopefully they’ll put that commentary back up.

@Jason Tate, you know these guys. Get in their ear!

David Parke likes this.
  11. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Toner, David Parke, Carrow and 2 others like this.
  12. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

This gave me a new level of appreciation for Surviving. It's a fun album. Can't get over the mix. It sounds so alive and full. The payphone at the end.. chills. And bonus feel good points knowing the proceeds are going towards a good cause. A rare purely talented, non problematic band. I love em.

SteveLikesMusic and chewbacca110 like this.
  13. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I saw it got a copyright violation I think.

14. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Minus points for no saxophone player but I loved this

15. Back on YT! (for now)

16. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Highly impressed. Adore this band.

David Parke and anonimito like this.
  17. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i'm still so happy this happened

18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

they should put the "congratulations" performance on youtube so i can blow ppl's minds with it

19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i watched the preshow and it was great and i will never get the image of jmj driving down hollywood blvd. blasting ratt and throwing the devil horns out of my head

20. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Set the mood lighting for this one. What a damn band, though. Hot damn! I love this album. Ready for Futures.

Attached Files:

moura, anonimito, airik625 and 7 others like this.
  21. So, it started snowing a little while back and I suddenly got in the mood for a discog run. And then I remembered they had been planning livestreams oop. Definitely going to get the rewatch ticket for the one that just aired and look forward to Futures and Clarity.

Also crossing fingers they'll do another one for Integrity Blues. Replace Surviving with that one and you get my Top 3 Jimmy Eat World albums!

22. I'd be very surprised if they didn't have plans in place for more chapters, especially because it doesn't look like (from what I can see) the rescheduled EU/UK tour is going ahead.

Crisp X and anonimito like this.
  23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

They need to do Bleed American and Chase This Light like this.

24. Bleed American, Chase This Light and Integrity Blues for the next round, please.

Also lol at them calling Surviving Chapter X when they don't even acknowledge the self-titled from 1994 beyond cursory references - struck me again as a little curious when watching the preshow on Friday. I get why they don't but imagine if they pulled it out for Chapter I in a future livestream round???