Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 423

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yeah, I just like Futures a lot more than I like Clarity. They’re both great, but Futures I can listen to whenever, whereas Clarity I have to be in a more specific mood.

2. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Invented is 10 today.

chewbacca110 and anonimito like this.
  3. Craig Manning

Tomorrow, actually (not sure why Google says the 27th!) but I’ve got a retrospective coming up tomorrow for it.

David Parke, jordalsh and anonimito like this.
  4. Invented was the last album I bought at Best Buy. Truly the end of an era.

5. Craig Manning

Me too! Drove there on release day to get the deluxe edition.

anonimito and troyplaysbass like this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Speaking of driving, I got my learner's permit about the time My Best Theory hit alt radio and I'd drive around with my dad, logging hours and playing that song

Craig Manning and anonimito like this.
  7. I'm stoked to read this! working on mine today and tomorrow lol

anonimito and Craig Manning like this.
  8. Craig Manning

Driving is a core theme of the retrospective I wrote about this.

Nice! Looking forward to reading yours also!

anonimito and JRGComedy like this.
  9. deflector

formerly pizzatime

Invented's got some really fine tunes but some clunkers too. I feel like Damages is what Invented was trying to be.

10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Invented is 10 *today. :upside:

anonimito and Craig Manning like this.
  11. Craig Manning

12. MJForumPoster

Regular

I remember the era of getting out of school and driving to Best Buy to pick up a release-date album, then listening to it on the drive home before ripping it on the computer and sticking it on your iPod. Great writeup.

13. Craig Manning

I'm torn between missing this era and loving how accessible everything is now. There was a different kind of anticipation for music back then.

anonimito likes this.
  14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I listen to a lot more music now but I really took in each individual album more back then

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

TIL Gerard Way is only one year younger than Jim Adkins

16. Craig Manning

I've made a conscious effort over the past few years to listen to less new stuff and spend more time with the albums I really care about. I'd definitely gotten to the point where I was listening to like 10-15 new releases every Friday and very few of them were having much of an impact, so I scaled back. Not a perfect system--I'm sure there's plenty of great stuff I'm missing--but it's helped me appreciate albums more in the way I did back then.

anonimito likes this.
  17. MJForumPoster

Regular

I like the accessibility now, but if there was something from that era that I wish had persisted, its the fact that you used to "log on" to the internet, as opposed to being online all the time. I would've loved Spotify back then for the discoverability while also keeping it isolated to my computer at home or in my dorm room.

Craig Manning likes this.
  18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Craig Manning and anonimito like this.
  19. Craig Manning

Yeah, I've often thought about how psyched 14-year-old me would be if I could introduce him to Spotify. But I also think some of the limitations of my music discovery process allowed me to value and cherish albums more.

It's definitely prime Invented weather here today: 50s, cloudy, off-and-on rain.

anonimito likes this.
  20. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

happy birthday their third best album

21. oh shit oh shit oh fuck

David Parke and RedDotRecording like this.
  22. Mcrx

Regular

I can't even remember if I mentioned it hear or not yet, but I've never heard Futures (besides Pain)...until today! It's good. Very like Clarity, but I still maintain Bleed American as my favorite. :)

anonimito likes this.
  23. Mcrx

Regular

Ohhh! I completely forgot. Anyone catch Jim on Mark Hoppus' After School Radio today?? Unfortunately, my browser is too outdated to listen, but I heard it was awesome.

24. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Wow lucky you. I wish I could go back in time when I first heard Futures....granted that would be in college....

Mcrx likes this.
    David Parke likes this.