Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 412

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Petrov

Trusted

Is this it? The Lyrics are almost all completely different. Its the first time I've heard this one, maybe an early version of action needs an audience. And now I'm wondering if there is a better version of this one somewhere.

pbueddi likes this.
  2. pbueddi

Trusted

It might be. But yeah I do believe the lyrics were different at one point. Maybe Tom did the final version of the song? Not sure.

3. pbueddi

Trusted

4. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Will tune in

pbueddi and mmhmm like this.
  5. dlemert

Trusted

Love that they've been doing this. The last couple were both amazing and have gotten me through my Fridays.

pbueddi and anonimito like this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Clarity has been my shit all day.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. pbueddi

Trusted

My buddy and I got around to listening to Damage yesterday. He said he had only listened to it once right when it came out, but that was it. We both pretty much agreed that while it wasn't one of the band's best albums, it was still a decent record. I'd probably put it below Invented, as Invented has much higher high points.

Favorites: You Were Good, No Never, Please Say No
    Also liked: Appreciation, Damage

Integrity Blues is next. From the amount of time I have spent with it up to this point, I don't necessarily love the first third or so of the album (my buddy is the opposite). Pass The Baby is where I think it picks up for me, but we will see how things go with a full listen. I do already know that Through is one of my favorite Jimmy Eat World songs.

Petrov and anonimito like this.
  8. socklord

Trusted

Damn, the first three songs on Integrity Blues is probably my favorite stretch of songs on the album. It's between that and the last three songs for me.

9. pbueddi

Trusted

Sure and certain is fine, but the few after that just don’t do much for me. We’ll see though.

anonimito likes this.
  10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

through -> integrity blues -> pol Roger is legendary

11. socklord

Trusted

The second verse of It Matters is nothing short of crushing

ComedownMachine and anonimito like this.
  12. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

I've already shared my favorites on Damage, so I'll just say that I'm glad you enjoyed it somewhat! It took the longest of their discography to hit me, but when it did, I never looked back.

Integrity Blues eventually made it to first in my ranking (just above Futures). I'm inspired to give it a spin tonight now! "Through" is my favorite on the album and in my top 3 Jimmy songs!

pbueddi likes this.
  13. pbueddi

Trusted

The run of You Are Free, The End Is Beautiful, and Through is really good too.

14. pbueddi

Trusted

Yeah I can see it growing on me a bit more in time. Also, I might have already said this, but I really dig the album art with the umbrella and color design.

anonimito likes this.
  15. Petrov

Trusted

Step One and My enemy are also pretty great. I feel step one is better than most of the tracks on Damage.

As for my enemy, I don't care for its political aspect, just the song alone is top notch. It kind of reminds me of static prevails with Jim's growling.

16. socklord

Trusted

Love me a good anti-Trump song

17. pbueddi Apr 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 9, 2020)
    pbueddi

Trusted

Alright. Integrity Blues is in the books. Honestly loved this album a lot more than I thought I did, and that includes the first part of the album. It Matters and Pretty Grids are the only 2 I wasn't a fan of, and I mean I really did not like them. My favorites were all spot on from previous listens: Through, The End Is Beautiful, and You Are Free. I would put Pass The Baby, Get Right, and Pol Roger right below those. It will be interesting to see where I rank this album when it's all said and done, because l really enjoyed it. Only Surviving to go!

18. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

Other than the dislike of "It Matters," I was quite happy to read this! ;-)

It's my favorite Jimmy album, so choosing favorites is tough. Here's my current list: "You With Me," "It Matters," "Pass the Baby," "Get Right" (I still remember the first teaser video for the album with the riff - such awesome times), "Through" (my favorite on the album), "Pol Roger"

pbueddi and Petrov like this.
  19. pbueddi

Trusted

Yeah, Through is just fantastic.

anonimito likes this.
  20. Petrov

Trusted

Lmfao. XD

21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Nice dash of Congratulations in there.

Petrov likes this.