Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 410

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I’m with you on this.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. pbueddi

Trusted

3. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I think the most interesting thing about Jimmy Eat World’s discography for me is that I will forever consider them one of my favorite artists of all time, but I have been able to say “I don’t like this very much” about a portion of their music. I think that shows me how important the big 3 were to me from them, especially Clarity + Futures. You could take Invented + Damage off Spotify and tell me that they never happened and I wouldn’t even notice a difference.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Obviously you like what you like but, you are missing out!!

FTank, Petrov and anonimito like this.
  5. pbueddi

Trusted

Exactly how I feel with New Found Glory.

6. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

New Found Glory is 100% that flipping band haha. I totally get that feeling! The one thing I can count on with NFG is they’re going to release a banger of a single, even if I know I’m not really into their sound anymore.
    I’m not losing sleep over it. Damage is so forgettable it hurts lol. Invented has a couple I like to go back to. I feel bad for dragging them at all, lol. This band means so much to me, just unfortunately not everything they’ve done.

pbueddi and .K. like this.
  7. socklord

Trusted

Get this New Found Glory talk out of this thread and into their own thread if it has to be anywhere at all

Cameron, FTank and RJ Knorr like this.
  8. pbueddi

Trusted

Maybe a bit of an overreaction? :shrug:

.K. likes this.
  9. socklord

Trusted

No, I'd rather talk about gross, misogynistic bands stay in their owns threads if they need to happen anywhere at all.

Thank you for your cooperation.

10. pbueddi

Trusted

It was a relevant comparison based on something that was said. Deal with it. Don't like it? Too bad. Don't respond then, unless you are purposely looking for an argument.

.K. likes this.
  11. socklord

Trusted

Conversely, don't post about New Found Glory and expect everybody to respond positively or not at all.

12. pbueddi

Trusted

You can respond however you want. I still have the right to post about them. And it's not like it was anything outrageous. All I said was that there are a lot of songs I like, but also plenty I don't. If that offends you, then maybe you need to take a step back and examine your priorities.

.K. likes this.
  13. I’m right there with you!

14. socklord

Trusted

I don't think Invented and Damage are close to being among their best, but, damn, there's some great stuff on both those albums: Heart is Hard to Find, Movielike, Littlething, Invented, Appreciation, Damage, I Will Steal You Back, and Please Say No are all fantastic songs.

anonimito, chewbacca110 and mmhmm like this.
  15. Every album of theirs has some great songs. A “best of” playlist would be pretty massive. But their more recent albums also have a fair amount of ok songs too. Ones that don’t hit me as hard.

16. socklord

Trusted

When it comes to their most recent albums, I think Integrity Blues is easily their best album since Futures. It's my second favorite from them at this point. As for Surviving, it feels a little too soon to tell considering it's only been out for a half a year or so now, but I think it's got more juice to it than Invented and Damage and I like both those albums a good bit.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

The only albums I don’t return to fairly often are the first two

18. socklord

Trusted

Is this including the self-titled album that the band has pretty much written off?

19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Invented is better than futures

Aregala, Petrov and FTank like this.
  20. socklord

Trusted

21. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Yes

anonimito likes this.
  22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I haven’t listened to Surviving at all since the month it came out, while Damage and Integrity Blues were in constant rotation when they were new

23. pbueddi

Trusted

I think the highlights on Integrity Blues are better, but I like Surviving better as a whole.

24. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I really enjoy Integrity Blues and Surviving for different reasons. They both feel very Jimmy, but sort of opposite ends of the spectrum.

I am of the feeling that Invented was a small dip from Bleed American, Futures and Chase This Light, and Damages was an even greater dip in terms of being as memorable for me, but Integrity and Surviving put them right back up. I know lots of people love Invented and Damages, so this is just a reflection of how often I listen to certain albums.

pbueddi likes this.
  25. sooner518

Regular

No. No, man. Shit, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.