Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 409

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

Me too! Such a good song...and to hear it acoustically...sooo good!!

Iago and Petrov like this.
  2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Movie like is one of their best for sure

Aregala, Iago and Petrov like this.
  3. pbueddi

Trusted

Doing a full discography run with a buddy of mine in anticipation of the concert in August. We are just starting with Clarity though. Honestly, I have never really listened to that record before, just everything after. It was actually pretty good!

Iago likes this.
  4. JM95

Trusted

Understatement of forever.

5. Clarity will always be my favorite, easily. But Futures is in close second.

6. pbueddi

Trusted

It will be interesting to see where it fits in my overall rankings when I'm all done, but I know for sure I still like Futures and Chase This Light better.

Pepetito likes this.
  7. pbueddi

Trusted

Well I figured since I have some extra time, I would post some of my favorites on each album as I go through the discography. Now, from Bleed American onward, I have heard most of each album in some capacity (outside of Damage). So I am at least familiar with many of the songs. But this time, I'm actually sitting down and listening to each song in order, with lyrics in front of me. I mentioned that I had already gone through Clarity, and I finished Bleed American last night. Favorites so far:

Clarity: Crush, For Me This Is Heaven, Blister, Clarity
    Bleed American: Bleed American, The Middle, Sweetness, Hear You Me, Get It Faster

I'd love to hear thoughts on these so far from long time fans of the band! It's kind of funny because my friend who I am doing this with is probably more of a fan of the "softer" stuff, while I like a lot of the "harder" stuff (although we like most of it overall). So outside of For Me This Is Heaven, our personal favorites on Clarity were completely different lol. I will probably do Futures at some point today and report back. And no worries if you don't care about my thoughts lol. Just thought it would be something fun to do at the present time.

anonimito likes this.
  8. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

A Praise Chorus knocked my socks off the first time I heard it after buying Bleed American solely off the Middle.
    I think that's a step above anything on that album.

9. JM95

Trusted

Everything on Bleed American is fucking great.

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

bleed American is probably directly in the middle (ayyyy) of their discog for me

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. Bleed American is my third fav

12. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

This is very cool to read. :-)

Clarity: I love the whole album, but "Believe in What You Want," "Ten," "Just Watch the Fireworks," "For Me This Is Heaven," and "Goodbye Sky Harbor" are my favorites.

Bleed American: It's much tougher to pick favorites here. "Bleed American," "Sweetness," "Your House," "If You Don't, Don't," "Cautioners," and "The Authority Song" might just be my list, but this changes day to day.

Damage took the longest time to grow on me, but now it's my third-favorite album of theirs. It just hit me one day, and I never looked back.

pbueddi likes this.
  13. pbueddi

Trusted

What are your personal favorites from Damage?

anonimito likes this.
  14. pbueddi

Trusted

My friend and I had completely different opinions on "Get It Faster" :crylaugh:

anonimito likes this.
  15. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

"Appreciation," "Damage," "Lean," "I Will Steal You Back" (it was my favorite Jimmy song for the longest time), " "No, Never," and "You Were Good."

pbueddi likes this.
  16. pbueddi

Trusted

Good to know. Thanks!

anonimito likes this.
  17. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Top 3 from JEW for me are Futures, Integrity Blues, and either Clarity or Chase This Light depending on the day. Fav song off Bleed American will always be If You Don't; that song is unreal.

19. Petrov Mar 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 24, 2020)
    Petrov

Trusted

Their song Grounded/House arrest describes the current situation pretty well.

Well not exactly (Paramore's Be Alone does though) but it comes pretty close.

Edit: Pol Roger came up on my playlist and yeah, its a better suited song than Grounded.

20. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Supposed to be seeing these guys one month from today but I don't know, I think the show will get canceled. I don't even know how I feel about traveling with all of this going on

Bummed

21. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

If it’s a month from today it’s 100% getting cancelled

Doomsday, Cameron and bradsonemanband like this.
  22. pbueddi

Trusted

Discography run continued with Futures last night. Man, what a record (but I'm sure that's not new information to most people). From that opening riff in the first song, this album just really seems to pull you in.

Favorites: Futures, Work, Kill, Pain, Nothingwrong

From what I had gathered, 23 seems to be a popular songs among fans. I definitely started to like the song more as it went on and built towards the ending. I'd say it just missed my group of favorites, but not by much. I also included "Shame" into the album listen. Interesting song. I also liked this one more by the end of the song. I'm not always good at reading into lyrics, and I wondered what the song was about. Any opinions?

Can't wait to do Chase This Light next!

anonimito and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Futures will always be my number 1.

Bleed American took over Chase This Light at the two spot over the past year.

pbueddi likes this.
  24. Chase This Light is when I started realizing I may not love everything by them anymore. Every album since that one has been hit or miss. Some songs I love, some I like, but I don't absolutely love anything after Futures. I still see them every chance I get, and I still buy each album, but yeah... for me, Clarity, BA, and Futures are on a whole other level.

hongfong00 and pbueddi like this.
  25. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

Futures is one of my top albums of all time - choosing favorite tracks on here is painful (pun intended), but here's what I came up with: "Just Tonight," "Work," "Kill," "Pain," "Polaris," "Nothing Wrong" and "23." The title track juuust misses my list of top favorites, though honestly I usually do an entire album run through when I am in a Futures mood.

pbueddi likes this.