Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 404

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. 'Pain' was on the Midnight Club 3 soundtrack, a PS2 racing game I used to play with a childhood friend a lot around 2005/2006. Only fully got into them in late 2009, with my second earliest memory being listening to Futures in its entirety while going to and getting out of the Avatar showing.

2. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

I heard Lucky Denver Mint on the radio in 1999 while I was doing my 5th grade homework. I don’t recall them saying the band name, but the chorus stuck with me. Two years later, my brother bought Clarity, and not knowing it was them, imagine my surprise when that song came on.

Bleed American came out around the same time and I enjoyed that album, but it was Futures that sealed the deal.

Petrov likes this.
  3. Petrov

Trusted

I Found a Connection!

At least according to me. Its between Blister from Calrity and Firefight from CTL. I've not thought of it at a deeped level, but I think(and the most prominent lines) of Blister as a story about a guy all alone in the world still alive. Firefight has the similar lyrics, "Except you and me there's no one else alive". So what if that guy from Blister found a partner in firefight.

Also, they both talk about fire, while bister talks about falling in the pit of fire, firefight is well, fire fight.

Am I making any sense or am I way off the mark?

4. dlemert

Trusted

Just Tonight was on the soundtrack for Burnout 3: Takedown for PS2 and it's been a top 5 JEW song ever since.

5. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

blink got me into them, it was either the liner notes of Enema or Urethra chronicles VHS with them being mentioned as one of Mark & Tom's favorite bands. Also how I found The Get Up Kids.

6. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I saw them open for Green Day back in 2005, but put off properly listening to them until Surviving came out. Oops.

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  7. SAME

8. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Criminal energy. All the way

9. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Surviving is def my least favorite

10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This album is so hopeful I love it so much.

David Parke likes this.
  11. Petrov

Trusted

I still strongly feel about that connection though.
    Anyways I just came to know about "FAILURE", a song that was to appear on surviving but didn't. Do you guys know about it or think if they'll ever release it?

12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Pretty sure they said there’s 4 b sides that they’re gonna release at some point

Brother Beck, Carrow and Petrov like this.
  13. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Where did this info come from...???

David Parke likes this.
  14. Also would love to know!

Brother Beck likes this.
  15. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I think it was in this thread or the surviving thread that I read it tbh lol

Brother Beck likes this.
  16. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I've been trying to pay attention for any mention of b-sides and I hadn't seen anything yet. The closest was that video by the mixer which mentioned a track that was cut.

Petrov likes this.
  17. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

one of the videos with Jim and Tom mentioned they recorded about 15 songs for this (can't remember which vid, sorry!) presuming one was "Party Hard" they would still have 4 in the vault for later release (hopefully)

.K. and Leftandleaving like this.
  18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Last year Epitaph released b-sides on record store day.

I realize Jimmy isn’t on the label, and 5 songs is a third of their recording, but maybe they’ll do some RSD release or something like that. Labels just don’t seem to do deluxe editions anymore. Sure hope these come out.

19. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Found Invented on vinyl at Barnes & Noble for only $6 and some change tonight as it was on sale

elphshelf, JRGComedy, pbueddi and 2 others like this.
  20. Petrov Dec 31, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 31, 2019)
    Petrov

Trusted

I found this site that had, I think everything by Jimmy listed and I found one project: Jimmy Eat World/Emery. Going into that I found one massively great single named "Better Than Oh". It was sung by Tom and looking it up, it was meant to be on SP but didn't make it. Has anyone heard of it?

Oh and no matter where I look, I cannot find "Beautiful Is" available to download. So if anyone does have it, would highly appreciate it if you can share it.

21. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Does it have the correct labels for each side?

22. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Tracks were labeled on the right side

23. This good. Not sure it’s totally blink but still good.

pbueddi likes this.
  24. Petrov Jan 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 7, 2020)
    Petrov

Trusted

Distraction from CTL has climbed up to top position among the best JEW b-sides(or bonus) for me,
    My enemy
    Anais
    Step One
    Open Bar Reception
    You
    are also in my top list in that order most probably. What are your favourites?

25. Made a few gifs. Hell yeah.
    upload_2020-1-17_19-56-26.gif upload_2020-1-17_19-57-20.gif upload_2020-1-17_19-57-12.gif upload_2020-1-17_19-57-3.gif upload_2020-1-17_19-56-54.gif upload_2020-1-17_19-56-44.gif upload_2020-1-17_19-56-35.gif

airik625, elphshelf, Carrow and 4 others like this.