Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 403

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Petrov

Trusted

What do you guys think of the music video of 555 btw?

2. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

It's amazing

3. Petrov

Trusted

Any theories on why its named 555?

4. Petrov

Trusted

Everytime I see that video, I start kind of laughing inside, thinking about Jim in that over the top getup and how he must be feeling.

5. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Delivery might be my favorite song this year.

Gets me good every time.

Petrov and anonimito like this.
  6. 555 video is my favorite video of the year

contra11mundum likes this.
  7. You’re really gonna like the next two episodes of jimmy eat pod, then.

8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

It might be the only music video I watched more than once this year. Lol

Pepetito and jordalsh like this.
  9. Petrov

Trusted

I checked this one and I saw EpisodeIV as one listed there. It is my favourite off SP. I read a theory somewhere that the 4 in the title is written like IV to suggest that Medical IV and its about a guy who sings to a girl after they have been in an accident, kind of like coldplay's the scientist. Actually when I think about it, The scientist is actually quite similar to Episode IV

David Parke likes this.
  10. Title track is my favourite. That riff just gets me so fucking pumped.

Doomsday likes this.
  11. Interesting!!

Petrov likes this.
  12. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

It's a reference to the 555 area code, which is used in movies and TV because it's not a real area code. So, I think it's to signify calling out to no response and being on your own.

Petrov likes this.
  13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I don’t think there’s a bad song on here tbh congratulations is probably my least fav tho

abcdefg123 likes this.
  14. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

Love Never is definitely my least favorite

15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

555 is easily my least lol

16. socklord

Trusted

555 or One Mil would be my least tbh

17. pbueddi

Trusted

Title track and All The Way

18. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Recommit is still my least fav. I like it, but it doesn’t hit like the others for me.

19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i agree with half of this and half of this makes my brain hurt

20. socklord

Trusted

I never meant to hurt you patrick :(

Petrov likes this.
  21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Delivery is probably my favorite on Surviving.

22. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Surviving and Love Never for me.

23. Maverick

Trusted

K I’ll chip in. Congratulations is my absolute fav and was since the first time I heard it like damn. Surviving used to be my second fav but I think Criminal Energy has longer replayable value.

24. Petrov

Trusted

When and where did you first listen?
    Where I am from, rock music isn't popular at all, but by some sheer luck I heard boulevard of broken dreams, and checked out the rest of green day. Obsessing over green day, I found misery business by Paramore which I didn't like at first but eventually grew up to love.

Obsessing over them once again, I checked their whole discography and found other bands like deftones through them, I also found their cover of "Hear You Me", I think it b-sides to Riot. And although it was of a pretty shitty quality, anything is worth it when it has Hayley's voice in it.

Now, at that point I had heard Jimmy Eat World's name but knew nothing about them except that their latest record (Damage at that time) was crap. But after listening to that cover multiple times I said "Fuck it" and went ahead and downloaded as much of their work as I could. Never stopped since.

That was the first time I was listening.

What would be your first time?

(P.s. Today, on a whim, I headbanged to that riff in sweetness, felt great, hence the reference. :) )

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  25. The first JEW song I heard was probably “Bleed American.” Back then, I watched music videos all the time and I saw that video one day and loved it, obviously. And then “The Middle” was released and the radio was never the same. That song was everywhere! And I swear every local band covered it. (horribly, of course.)

Petrov likes this.