Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 399

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

If people want to listen to your album, that's a good thing. A super long rollout, or a situation like that where there's uncertainty about whether an album or EP is even coming, I think it kills enthusiasm around artists and their music. At least for listeners like us. Probably not the general streaming public, but I doubt that demographic is the target audience for Jimmy Eat World or Bayside.

Omni and Anthony_ like this.
  2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I neee new JEW in my veins so badly. Not sure if I can survive until October.

Alba likes this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That sounds ridiculous haha.

Craig Manning likes this.
  4. Craig Manning

It’s insane. Every month that goes by without an album announcement, the more bewildered I get.

Kross, Anthony_ and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  5. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

How I feel about this thread.

6. D_Ream84

Regular

I second this.... it’s madness and I really can’t see an album being announced this week for release October... they haven’t acknowledged a single thing regarding the new album or single! Do you think they have scrapped it

7. Craig Manning

I feel better now than I did a few days ago. It seems highly unlikely that all those listings were wrong. I think we're definitely getting the album in October and they can announce/release a single whenever they like!

anonimito and contra11mundum like this.
  8. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I feel like JEW would get better exposure if the window for attention was to be longer after the release.

9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I am not a marketing expert nor have I ever worked in the music industry in any capacity whatsoever, but shorter album rollouts make sense to me in this day and age. It could just be me and my mental state / attention span these days, but I feel like there is just so much stuff coming out at all times, too long of a time between announcement and release hurts artists more than it helps. Vinyl production is really the only good reason I can see to have a really long rollout.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

As a marketing person in the entertainment industry, I really like short windows more than anything on my releases whenever I can. That's all I got for ya.

11. realdeathwolf

Newbie Supporter

I just spent way too much time trying to type basically this haha. I don’t see what the band has to gain by having a months-long rollout.

Brother Beck likes this.
  12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

That took me 5½ hours to type.

realdeathwolf likes this.
  13. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

2 months is a good rollout I think. Too many are longer than that.

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it's important to note that i am right and all of you are wrong.

15. Omni

Regular

Yeah, it's not like JEW is trying to or needs to gain new fans at this stage of their career. They really just need to let their core audience know they have an album coming and that's it. A month is enough time to do that.

DesolateEarth and realdeathwolf like this.
  16. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Maybe they’ll announce it tomorrow with the whole “one month from today” thing... :shrug:

17. DesolateEarth

Birb

I remember when people would complain about hearing 3 songs off an 11 or 12 track album before its release, and now a lot of artists will release half the album in advance. I'll take this over that any day.

18. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Step One is a top 5 b side, I'm right and you're all wrong. i don't make the rules!

David Parke likes this.
  19. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Releasing a single without specifying if it's for an album or just a one off should be illegal. I'm glad JEW is at least waiting to do it all together. A month long roll out I think is fine.

Bayside did us dirty with Prayers.

20. Craig Manning

Releasing half the album as singles before the album comes out is fucking stupid and is one of the worst trends of the modern music era. Fuck you Spotify, for creating this bullshit.

21. irthesteve

but then it's really fun, each new single gets added as a mini-EP with all the previously released singles for more streams!!!!! lol

22. Craig Manning

[​IMG]

irthesteve and Onlyadirector like this.
  23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Craig is pissed and I like it.

DesolateEarth and Craig Manning like this.
  24. Onlyadirector Sep 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 17, 2019)
    Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Attached Files:

25. irthesteve

we have arrived.

chewbacca110 likes this.