Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 383

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. They’re still all of our away messages in social media heaven.

2. tomdelonge

Trusted

Kill is like Jim at his achy breaky angsty best! It’s purified JEW. But its not really singley, there isnt an easy soundbite line like

“It just takes some time”

“If yr listening whoa oh oh oh”

“It takes my pain away”

And the chorus words change from chorus to chorus. Beautifully, heartbreakingly and tenderly, but its like a sit down meal not radio fast food

Im glad everyone loves it like i do. Music really does mend broken hearts.

Polaris, JRGComedy and Brother Beck like this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I know what I should do, but I just can’t walk away.

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

sorry but i just cant go turn off how i feel

5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I need answers for what all the waiting I've done means

6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I can vividly remember listening to "Work" in college before ever having a professional type job and just being fascinated by the idea of having an inter-office romance. I was pretty immature and naive when it comes to that kind of stuff, and I remember just thinking to myself 'you can't do that, you could get fired!' like some kind of weird Puritan who thinks jobs are important.

7. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Kill is so fucking good

Garrett L., hongfong00 and ChiliTacos like this.
  8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Does anyone have a Jimmy eat world tattoo? Sometimes I think I'd like to get one but I have no self control and am like I JUST WANT ALL THE LYRICS TATTOOED. ALL OF THEM.

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

If I were going to do one, it would probably be "Don't give away the end, the one thing that stays mine."

Garrett L., vidiviciveni and Kiana like this.
  10. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I was looking into getting

"You close your eyes and kiss your hand then you blow it
    But it isn't meant for me, and I notice
    If the choice was ours alone,
    Then why'd we both choose letting go?
    Does it end like this?
    Time never had a chance to heal your heart
    Just a number always counting down to a new start
    If you always knew the truth
    Then the world will spin around you
    Are you dizzy yet?"

on my back but it was out of my price range.

chewbacca110, David Parke and Kiana like this.
  11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'd just want a few words but then yeah I want them all. So many favorite lyrics. My fave is the "I feel that when I'm old" lyric from Polaris, but thats prob too long for what I'm thinking. So many good ones to choose from.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I kinda want the Futures phonebooth with a lyric around it. Idk though.

13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

My sister has one of the “just a number” like from dizzy

14. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

I'd either get the first two lines of the chorus from Polaris or just simply "Are you dizzy yet?"

Ever since I saw the Futures 10 year tour, I can't get the live version of Polaris out of my head where they all start trilling their parts in the closing bridge.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  15. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Always wanted to get “one small instrument,” or some variation of that lyric

chewbacca110 and David Parke like this.
  16. tomdelonge

Trusted

Today Im feelin’ like You With Me is kinda Please Say No chapter 2 and I love how in Please Say No he sings “me with you is who I think I'll always be” and then “You With Me” is a nice lil switcheroo.

Which all reminds me of the Gene Clark lyric “it’s funny how the circle is a wheel”

17. minty901

Hey now. Look at you. Way cool.

Come onnnnnnnnn new single.

18. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Thx for the psyche

19. minty901

Sorry, didn't mean to imply there was a single, just expressing my wish for something soon. I think we will be waiting until next week, honestly.

20. Next Friday or the one after has to be it, especially if the album is coming as soon as October

21. minty901

The masters were finished so long ago. If the wait from masters to release was the same for this album as it was for IB, we'd have the album in our hands by now I think. It's either the 3EB tour that set things back or maybe simply their desire for it to be an Autumn album (which tends to serve them well).

David Parke likes this.
  22. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I’m just buggin, every time the thread gets bumped I go Ooooh and it’s usually just someone else going Ooooh

23. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

saw the news post beginning with "Jimmy Eat World release new..." and nearly had a heart attack. Thanks @Jason Tate ;)

24. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m late on invented, but it’s easily a top three JEW album for me, but my hot take is that Mixtape is a better song than Invented. Love both though and the way it’s sequenced is perfect as is

Gnarly Charlie likes this.