Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 379

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. BenSmith94

Trusted

Bleed American (bloody hell that was tough)
    Lucky Denver Mint (also very tough)
    Always Be
    Kill
    The World You Love
    Hear You Me
    You Are Free
    Polaris - side note: i love the fact 'The World is Beautiful' is the 8th track on a JEW album, given that Polaris, which contains the line "I feel that when I'm old, I'll look at you and know, The world was beautiful", is also the 8th song.
    Chase This Light
    Integrity Blues
    Clarity
    Goodbye Sky Harbor

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

1. Futures
    2. Let It Happen
    3. Always Be
    4. Kill
    5. The World You Love
    6. Hear You Me
    7. If You Don’t, Don’t
    8. Polaris
    9. Cautioners
    10. For Me This Is Heaven
    11. 23
    12. Mixtape
    13. Goodbye Sky Harbor

Pretty sure I just drafted the most JEW record...

David Parke likes this.
  3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

bradsonemanband and Anthony_ like this.
  4. minty901

Hey now. Look at you. Way cool.

if this encourages actual victims of abuse to come forward then zach has done the world a service, regardless of his vagueness.

David Parke and Onlyadirector like this.
  5. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Man, I revisited Integrity Blues on a walk through a trail early this morning and not only is it a beautiful, layered album, but it has some of Jim's best lyrical work and some songs even feel like a genuine therapy session. Pol Roger especially, what a dreamy and empowering track.

BackyardHero11 and JRGComedy like this.
  6. Pol Roger is a very important song to me

ChiliTacos likes this.
  7. duritzfan13

all we have is time

I revisited “Invented” the other day. Forgot how much of it is written/sung from a woman’s perspective.

All of those songs are good but I don’t think it’s as strong as their other records because of “Action Needs..” and “Higher Devotion.” Those two are kind of middle of the road for me.. compared to the records before and after it that have virtually no weak spots

8. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

I know that so many people around here have super strong connections to Invented and it makes me feel bummed out that I’ve never been able to connect to it that way despite loving all their other albums. I like some of the songs on it quite a lot, but it’ll never be anywhere near the first album I go to when I want to listen to JEW.

9. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Yea, it’s never hit me like all their other albums have. There are some jams on there, but it would never be the JEW album I turn to first or second or third or fourth or even fifth. Or sixth. Oof.

10. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

It’s my 2nd least favorite album

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i listen to invented possibly the most out of all their albums and it means everything to me. the next month is prime invented weather so im gonna have it on a lot.

mmhmm, FTank, Aregala and 7 others like this.
  12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Get rid of those two and swap in the non-demo version of Anais. Boom.

13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

And then throw the demo version of Anais in too hahaha

mmhmm likes this.
  14. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

blasphemy in here today, "Action Needs an Audience" is a banger

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

anonimito and KidLightning like this.
  16. duritzfan13

all we have is time

When it's on and I can't reach the skip button, I'll admit sometimes I can get into it. But I've literally never in my life intentionally put it on lol (unless listening from top to bottom)

17. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

"Action Needs an Audience" just shouldn't be where it is on that album. I've always thought it was awkward having that breaking up the "Cut," "Invented," "Mixtape" trio. Those songs feel like they belong together.

18. Fox83

Trusted

I've never thought of it that way, and I totally agree. Sequencing kind of diminishes it.

19. Craig Manning

I think it should open side 2, sort of like “Get Right” does for Integrity Blues.

anonimito and Fox83 like this.
  20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

It’s still a good song though

anonimito, KidLightning and teebs41 like this.
  21. Fox83

Trusted

Agree. Get Right has the same feel.

anonimito likes this.
  22. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I never go past song 9 on Invented. The last three just don't do anything for me. Cut feels like a closer anyways.

23. Craig Manning

[​IMG]

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The problem with Invented is that you have Invented and you have Mixtape and it's like what do you close with

25. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter