Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 359

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. inb4 "Best Band" :eh:

2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

That’s true. Invented really didn’t work for me, but it’s not bad. It just didn’t connect with me like all their other albums do.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  3. Same. I think i didn't give it a shot because Jim wrote the lyrics as inspired by photos in a book as opposed to form his own experiences. I wouldn't have known if he didn't say it but that poisoned the well for me. This far removed from it now, it's awesome. It was never BAD to me, I just went in "knowing" it wasn't directly personal so then it was just like "meh"

4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Damage is the best breakup album I’ve heard, and even that wasn’t written from experience. I mean, Jim is happily married! That’s why I appreciate them so much; they can formulate experiences through imagination, and still make it feel so deeply personal. That ain’t an easy task to accomplish.

anonimito, Aregala, solxace and 5 others like this.
  5. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Damage might be the album my hot take was the most off on. I was not happy with it at all when it came out, and now I love it.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. DesolateEarth

Birb

Yeah I was disappointed with Invented at first and then came around to it in a big way.

Damage was very immediate by contrast. What a solid album.

7. I wouldn’t go quite that far. That title goes to In The Wee Small Hours by Frank Sinatra, in my opinion. But Damage really is sooo good.

8. smoke4thecaper

Well damn, that’s a good call right there. I won’t argue with that.

9. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

"Movielike" really is an all-timer

10. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I have an extra ticket for the Jimmy Eat World concert with Third Eye Blind at the Greek on June 14. Send me a message if you're interested in going.

David Parke likes this.
  11. We’re thinking of taking our son. We’d keep him with us though (he’s 3) so not sure that’s the deal you were looking for. Lol. Lemme know!

12. The Midway

Invented is an amazing album all around. Being a fan of their epic songs (23, Dizzy, Pol Roger etc), Littlething and Mixtape are my faves

13. vidiviciveni Jun 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 4, 2019)
    vidiviciveni

Trusted

If I could teleport I would

My two favorite bands ever and I live in fucking Saskatchewan

I did see 3EB for free in Toronto once though so I can somewhat die happy

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

So when's this damn album announcement coming? :crylaugh:

chewbacca110, anonimito and .K. like this.
  15. smoke4thecaper

Tour starts up tomorrow. Thought there might be news as soon as next week :fingerscrossed:

16. Anyone here going to the show tomorrow? I’ll be there with my family and friends!

17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm going to the show on Tuesday but I have a mandatory staff meeting Tuesday and then was subpoenaed to court the next day so I'm gonna go after the staff meeting, drive three hours, go to show, drive back, go to court in the morning and not die.

anonimito likes this.
  18. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Teasing?

19. Maverick

Trusted

Woo tomorrow!

David Parke likes this.
  20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

David Parke likes this.
  21. Maverick

Trusted

Yes! I am excited cause I shall be there.

David Parke and hongfong00 like this.
  22. DesolateEarth

Birb

Could be overly optimistic here but could they potentially be dropping a new song tomorrow too? That would be crazy if they released a new song and played it live that same night.

David Parke likes this.
  23. minty901

Hey now. Look at you. Way cool.

i dont think theyll drop a new song for a little while. i think theyre focused on the tour. i hope im wrong.

24. That’d be rad...

25. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

idk, i think it's possible they release/play a new song for tour. album's GOTTA be coming out this fall/late this year

DesolateEarth likes this.