Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 352

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I absolutely love me some Invented, but I think the way it was written with Jim writing stories from other people's perspectives lead to it feeling slightly less cohesive and of a whole than their albums usually do.

Greg likes this.
  2. contra11mundum Mar 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 19, 2019)
    contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

When Damage first came out I was kind of disappointed and, at the time, liked Invented way more.

But I’ve come around to Damage and really fucking love it now.

Also, Appreciation stands up to any album opener.

3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

For me Invented & Damage are both only a hair's breadth below Futures, Chase This Light & Integrity Blues, not because either of them are not amazing albums but simply due to the other 3 being so goddamn fantastic.

contra11mundum likes this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Chase This Light, Integrity Blues, and Invented are prob my top three. I'm def more of a fan of recent JEW which is amazing because I've been a fan for so many years and they're still putting out my favorite songs. Like compared with the other stuff I listened to when I was 11 especially lol they just get better and better

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

definitely agree that invented is less cohesive than most of their others, but I think bleed is a bit more so than their others as well

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

hey don’t worry, i DEFINITELY do

Leftandleaving likes this.
  8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Don’t compare JEW to weezer ever

Carrow, Jason Tate and FTank like this.
  9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

That’s how I feel about damage lol. Amazing album that I love but, I love the others more

David Parke likes this.
  10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I think I’ve talked about it before but invented came out my senior year of high school; I always got a coming of age vibe from that record so it’s resonated with me much more than it seems other people

Aregala and unbornwhiskey like this.
  11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Coffee & cigarettes was def an end of high school song for me

anonimito and sophos34 like this.
  12. Kiana

This is mind-blowing to me because I'm a stalker and know that we almost share a birthday but it came out my first year of college so we didn't graduate hs the same year despite having the same birthday!! #FunFact

Jason Tate, anonimito and sophos34 like this.
  13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

so where I grew up the cut off date to separate grades was August 1st so I was super old for my grade but the cut off before that was July 1st and my older brother would have been old for his grade because he was July 2nd but he took some test in pre school and got to go to kindergarten a year early, I don’t think I even got the option to take the test lol

Kiana likes this.
  14. Kiana

Ooh I was always one of the youngest in my grade so that makes sense! I'm not sure what the cutoff was in California when I started school but I graduated at 17 instead of 18. Crazy how a few days can make such a big difference!

sophos34 likes this.
  15. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Every time Jake posts a comment stating that “Heart is Hard to Find” is their best song I’m like “yeah I’m gonna like this comment again.”

Invented came out after I graduated from college so different graduation experience certainly, but it still hit me at a very important time in my life. I got accepted into a film festival at the time out in California so I excitedly packed my bags as I listened to the lyrics:

When I finally finished school
    It was the first thing that I did
    What every townie kid dreams of
    I packed and started west

One of my favorite memories.

16. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

same except instead of senior year it was the year i moved to new york

it’s a great album about change and identity and relationships imo

Aregala likes this.
  17. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

They're all various versions of "coming of age" for me. This band has an uncanny ability to drop albums at big times of transition in my life. But Damage is the really big coming-of-age album for me. I got my advance of that record I think three days before I graduated from college. It was what I was playing on all my last drives around campus, and the first album I played in the car when I moved out, packed up, and drove away forever. I think I love that album more than just about anyone, just because of that timing.

sophos34 and anonimito like this.
  18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I picked up a copy of Futures on CD at Newbury Comics right around the time I dropped out of college and entered the real world. Hit pretty hard at that time.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I can’t believe Bleed American is almost 18 years old. I was 14 and heading into freshman year of high school when that came out! I vividly remember hearing those songs on the radio and the videos play on MTV. It’s so crazy to think about haha.

The local bowling alley would play Bleed American and Take Off Your Pants and Jacket repeatedly during laser light bowling night too. Free hot dogs, soda, and popcorn for two hours haha

David Parke and sophos34 like this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Also, they’ve been in the studio since November. Would be fun if there was another summer release from Jimmy Eat World.

David Parke likes this.
  21. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

late to this but I fully back this as well oops

Leftandleaving and unbornwhiskey like this.
  22. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Been on a huge JEW kick lately, trying to listen to all of their discography a bunch because I never really listened to these guys growing up and only knew The Middle. When Damage came out, AP got me to check it out and I really liked it and made me a casual fan. Started getting more serious after IB came out.

I'm focusing on Invented right now and it's probably tied for my least favourite album since Clarity but I really do like it a lot and it's constantly growing on me. This is probably a kind of bad take but Futures is tied with Invented for my least favourite. Futures has a lot of great tracks but it just doesn't stand out to me like Clarity, BA, CTL, Damage and IB do at this point in time.

But I'm having a blast falling in love with this band -- I feel like they're a hidden gem. How the hell did I go like 18 years without even listening to an album by them??

David Parke likes this.
  23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Finally....the entire show!

24. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Action Needs An Audience is a huge banger, y'all dreamin

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Been listening to Bleed American a lot today. It has just the right amount of fun/fast songs and slow/beautiful songs. I never really noticed that.

Lots of nostalgic moments too.

sophos34, Jason Tate and David Parke like this.