Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 338

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It accepted my presale code but wouldn't allow me to purchase on my device even tho I just purchased xtina tickets from the same device and site. I tried for a while but it wouldn't work. My friend tried too on her phone and computer and it wouldn't except her devices either

2. What’s the presale code?

3. fuuuck these were ‘spensive

4. kupe

Regular

Book of Love is a top tier Jimmy song

5. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

FTFY

6. dlemert

Trusted

Yeah, I've been spinning Damage lately and that whole record actually rules. I think if they had tweaked the production a bit it would be a top 4 or 5 JEW album for me. The bridge of No, Never is one of the best in the band's career.

kupe and Rowan5215 like this.
  7. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

that bridge is god-tier

8. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Please Say No hits me in the feels. Damage was the first full Jimmy album that I listened to. Always thought they were kind of a pop band before and my taste was "too cool" for that shit. I was wrong lmao

KidLightning likes this.
  9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The lyrical narrative of "Please Say No" - it's someone calling on their mistress/mister and hopes that they turns them down, right?

10. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I thought it was about a couple thinking about getting back together but not doing it. Idk

11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

It is 100 percent a song about an affair.

12. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Yeah, NVM, reading them it is totally obvious it's about an affair. My bad lol

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Is Jim still married? I thought Damage was written as an 'adult break-up record' and figured he had gotten divorced, but last I can tell, he's still married, I think.

14. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

yeah I'm not not paying $40 for a back row seat at the greek to see jew. down at the front is like 145

15. stars143

Trusted

This tour is on groupon, at least for the Charlotte date.

16. chewbacca110

$35 Groupon tix for Chicago. It's a big make-shift amphitheater. I will get tix closer to the show for cheaper, I'm sure.

17. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

$20 Groupon for me hell yeah

stars143 likes this.
  18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah he wrote that album from the perspective of someone else. Jim's writes a lot of fiction in his lyrics. Each song on Invented was inspired by a different photo.

Oh but to answer your question, yeah he's still married. They have three kids I think.

Omni likes this.
  19. bumping because I can't believe how good the bridge in The Most Beautiful Things is

like, fucking hell

Leftandleaving and JRGComedy like this.
  20. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Never really listened to 3EB before, but I got my ticket. I spend enough tweets begging the guys to come to Seattle, I can't miss them when they do!

David Parke likes this.
  21. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

he is? based on the subject matter in Damage and Integrity Blues i also thought he actually gotten divorced!

22. DesolateEarth

Birb

Managed to snag a couple 80 dollar seats around the middle and to the side. Much better than the way back haha

23. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

24. chewbacca110

Absolutely gorgeous home.

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

For a JEW fan trying to get into 3EB, I'd recommend starting with songs "Losing a Whole Year," "Motorcycle Driveby," "Don't Believe a Word, "Anything" and "Crystal Baller."

David Parke and hermanthehermit like this.