Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 326

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

It’s initially from a split with jebediah

Carrow likes this.
  2. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

It still seems like it's too soon for the next album cycle, but I'd also be a fool for complaining about more Jimmy Eat World.

David Parke likes this.
  3. dlemert

Trusted

It feels like they recorded this album super fast haha. Didn't they like JUST get into the studio? And they're already finishing it?

Also that Jim/Aoki song is...not bad.

David Parke likes this.
  4. moura

Regular

I think in their last instagram post that they spent a week in that studio in LA but are finishing the record back in AZ (likely their studio setup)

David Parke likes this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the engineer is just barely less important than the producer. which is why a lot of times the producer is engineering as well but not always. the engineer is essentially the hands and ears of the producer. the producer wants the guitar to sound like x, the engineer knows what mic/amp/processing chain to use to get that sound

6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

They were tracking in LA. They probably still have a decent amount of work to do.

7. minty901

Hey now. Look at you. Way cool.

Does tracking normally take just one week? i feel like that cant be enough time for the producer to really explore their creativity, given that there's far less than one day per song. But maybe it's the norm.

8. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, not sure to be honest.

9. Tracking can definitely happen quickly, especially after 10 years. Pre-production was probably all done in their own studios. These guys are pros.

10. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Really interested to hear how they follow up Integrity Blues. That album admittedly wasn’t as much of a hit for me as it was for a lot of this forum, but that said, I still really like it and expect it to grow on me in time.

airik625 and David Parke like this.
  11. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I am ready for this. Early 2019 is my prediction

anonimito likes this.
  12. DesolateEarth

Birb

With the combined IB producer and Futures engineer, I am expecting something really great in 2019.

13. Argus Nov 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 21, 2018)
    Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

Same here.

anonimito and chewbacca110 like this.
  14. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I remember Jim doing an interview a month or two ago and he said he wasn't sure if the album would be coming out early Summer or later on in the year. I can see it coming in the spring tbh

15. abcdefg123

Regular

The Jebediah split came out after Clarity but before Bleed American. It was originally released in 2000.

16. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Summer at the earliest.

17. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

The thought of these guys showing up in the studio firing on all cylinders and just getting it done is so damn exciting, nevermind the fact that the producer of Integrity Blues and the engineer of Futures are both also on board. Holy shit.

18. flask

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been cleaning out my closet since we’re moving and I recently found the JEW shirt I bought when I saw them open for Green Day in 2004. It’s a size small but I was a tiny 14 year old so I never wore it and it just sat in a drawer for 15 years but now it fits perfectly!

19. I saw that tour! Against Me! opened at my show. Good lineup for sure.

BackyardHero11 and flask like this.
  20. Zeke

Regular

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. jorbjorb

7 rings

drum talk

chewbacca110 likes this.
  22. Band's having a good merch sale/selling the last of IB on vinyl on their webstore.

23. Stra1ghtArrow

I am so excited for this album.

David Parke and sophos34 like this.
  24. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Integrity Blues sounded really good. By the time a new album out it will have been 3 years. Also, I guess that kinda speaks to how production sounded on Damage. I’m no expert, but I didn’t have the full sound of their recent work. I think it had an impact on how often I listen to that album.