Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 306

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. heard the middle on the radio when i was a small lad

2. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

i definitely heard that first but the first time i remember going “wow this is cool” is hearing Pain at a Target lol

3. Tom from blink mentioned them in The Urethra Chronicles as a huge influence so I bought BA, then a dude a I did a play with bought me the Singles CD and I fell WAY in love. That singles CD is SO GOOD

EarthShifts likes this.
  4. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

When you buy Burnout 3: Takedown just so you can hear the first new song from Futures before anybody else: (Just Tonight).

Burnout 3 was dope BTW.

Polaris, David Parke and EarthShifts like this.
  5. vidiviciveni

Trusted

HMV used to have random CDs on for $9.99, and at the time this was my cheapest method of discovering new music, so I occasionally would buy one. This led me to such revelations as Something Corporate's Leaving Through the Window, Greenwheel's Soma Holiday, and even such renowned gems as TrustCompany's The Lonely Position of Neutral and Hoobastank's self-titled debut.

But the best random HMV purchase by far was Bleed American. That album is all Dr. Pepper slurpees and discman bike rides.

The song that clinched it for me: "If You Don't, Don't"

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I bought Bleed American as a youngin cause The Middle. It kinda dropped from memory tho. I rediscovered the album a year or so later when The Middle came up on my iPod on shuffle and it hit me in a different way. I was super depressed and felt alone and it struck a chord and so I went back to the whole album and bam fave artist since.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  7. EarthShifts

Trusted

Dude! TrustCompany! Thank you! I have been trying to remember the name of that band for so long. I searched around and around and couldn’t remember enough details. All I could was picture a video they had that I know I enjoyed back in the day, but I could never find it.

Davjs likes this.
  8. vidiviciveni

Trusted

They are so early-00's shitty, and yet this song rules

9. EarthShifts

Trusted

Oh yea, I never really enjoyed them too much. Haha. They fell in with those bands like Hoobastank who just had some songs I dug.

10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the other day my parents asked me if i really need my car anymore now that i live in a really big city and even though i dont really use it i wont let them make me get rid of it so i can go on music drives lol

Bryan Diem likes this.
  11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i got into JEW because when i was 10 i traded a copy of hybrid theory for a copy of bleed american, back when friends burning cds for each other was huge, i had heard the middle and sweetness but wanted to hear more. it was love from then on, following each album release closely and falling more and more in love. i didnt go back and check out clarity and static until after chase this light though.

EarthShifts likes this.
  12. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I remember getting Something Corporate's Leaving Through the Window at Best Buy when I went to pick up Finch's What It Is To Burn. They had some deal where the Finch album was full price on its own, but if you bought them both it was only $10. At the time I had only heard "If U C Jordan" by SoCo, which suuuuuucked (and still sucks, tbh) but overall I think I ended up liking the SoCo album more and Andrew has become one of my favorite artists.

13. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Trust Company's debut was some gold back then. Greenwheel's Soma Holiday was great too. Another album that I only had like half the songs from downloading off Kazaa. Then finally I found the rest and THOSE songs were great too. Good times.

EarthShifts likes this.
  14. EarthShifts

Trusted

I definitely appreciate the ease of finding music now, but I sometimes miss the days of Kazaa.

So many songs were mislabeled though. I remember this girl I had a huge crush on actually made me a mix for my birthday, and her favorite band was Simple Plan. So she put a song on the mix for me that she thought was by them, but it was actually “One Slowdance” by Rufio. I guess Kazaa had it wrong so she always thought it was Simple Plan.

I pointed it out to her but she never believed me. We did not work out, but for other reasons. Haha.

15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i had never heard this before!!!! it's a completely different song!!???!?!

josh-, Polaris and bradsonemanband like this.
  16. I hope they release that entire Clarity demo tape that Jim just found... gahhh

also, yes, this acoustic version of "your new aesthetic" is SOOO good. was one of my favorite recordings in high school.

David Parke likes this.
  17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Anyone else think that What Gets You Off from The Glass Passenger sounds like a JEW song?

18. Polaris

Regular

It reminds me of Something Corporate for some reason.

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

??For some reason??

Polaris and JRGComedy like this.
  20. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

lol

21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

But like the ahhhhhhs in the verse really sound like Jim

22. Polaris

Regular

LOL, I didn't know that frontman of Jack's Mannequin is the guy from Something Corporate.

23. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

lmao that's hilarious

24. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Does anybody have a HQ version of 'Open Bard Reception'? Lost my copy I had uploaded to iCloud and can't find in online for the life of me.