Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by futures, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Mclusky30

I still stand behind Blister into Clarity. No wrong answer here, though.

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I mean, not really an insult. I just don't think there's another answer to the "weakest song on Futures" question.

chhholly123 likes this.
  3. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I also really like Futures/Just Tonight.../Work/Kill because "Futures" and "Kill" are in the top 5 JEW songs for me, but "Work" is my least favorite song off Futures, so I wouldn't considerate it my favorite 4 song stretch.

4. futures

I've actually never considered a weakest song haha. I don't know what I would put in it's place.

5. Craig Manning

It's the only one I've ever skipped. I think it's a fine song, but is pretty easily the least interesting on the record for me--lyrically, musically, production-wise, etc.

6. Deathco_019

Drummer

I think Kill into The World You Love would be mine. Just Watch The Fireworks into For Me This Is Heaven is a close second.

7. Deathco_019

Drummer

Nothingwrong is a banger.

George and MarceloFP like this.
  8. futures

I always liked how it changed up the pace of the back half of the record. I look forward to Nothingwrong lol.

MarceloFP and kpatrickwood like this.
  9. kpatrickwood Apr 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2016)
    kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

The song combo I keep coming back to is the three that kick off Bleed American. I remember buying that CD because I saw some Blink 182 thing on MTV and they were gushing about a band called Jimmy Eat World. I didn't really seek out the record, but I saw it at the store in the 'new releases' section one day and bought it on a whim without having heard anything at all by the band. I can remember pretty vividly taking my discman out to the porch and putting this on as soon as I got home. Bleed American was crushing but sweet, the 'Crimson and Clover' part of A Praise Chorus gave me goosebumps, and The Middle is still one of the best pop songs I've ever heard. I don't think any band will ever become a favorite so quickly and definitively in my entire life.

Other notes:
    - Stay On My Side Tonight doesn't get nearly enough love.
    - The Jim Adkins solo 7 inches were awesome. I think Hell is one of the best songs he has ever written.
    - I'd hope they put together a b-sides album some day. I can't think of many bands that have as many amazing non album songs as these guys.

Iago and futures like this.
  10. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Bleed American/A Praise Chorus might be my favorite 1-2 just because of how great of an opening it is to that record, but it's hard to argue with Kill/The World You Love and Just Watch the Fireworks/For Me This is Heaven. Or Blister/Clarity, for that matter.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  11. Iago

forbidden chalice.

The love I have for Jimmy Eat World, and more specifically, their album Futures, transcends what I've felt for most things in my life and I marvel at the fact that it is an ever growing emotion shaped in shades of understanding, comfort, and security. What a record. What a band.

Every time I listen to this record, I feel moved to write something about it. Wow.

felipecardel and collin512 like this.
  12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Ahhh I missed the recreation of this thread. Cast my vote for CTL! Brilliant album!

13. Craig Manning

Futures is just killing that poll.

Iago likes this.
  14. Mclusky30

It really is! I listened to it at work last night and it made me wonder if it's my favorite JEW album.

Clarity will always claim that spot, but it might be a very close second for me.

15. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I think Invented might be my favorite but I dunno. Futures is so good too.

16. Deathco_019

Drummer

It also has 23 votes so now might be a good time to close the poll if that's an option.

Tyler, Iago and Craig Manning like this.
  17. TOS_Matt

This performance is so on the money for a live version of a layered song like 23 (also at a festival), I love watching it.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  18. Iago

forbidden chalice.

This just in, 25 votes

Deathco_019 likes this.
  19. futures

I loveeeeee this video. I have it saved on my YT account.

TOS_Matt likes this.
  20. Deathco_019

Drummer

21. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Also love JEW's covers.

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I love nothingwrong. Nowhere near my least favorite on that record.

23. Craig Manning

What is?

24. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Probably Drugs or Me. I still love the song, but I feel it drags on a bit too much.

25. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

One time I covered that song at an open mic. I got so nervous I turned a six minute song into two and a half minutes. Ha.

airik625 likes this.