Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World / The Hotelier / Microwave / The Struts / Alex Lahey Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Dec 4, 2017.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

JEW is stright to the board now, which one reason I think they sound so good. One less thing to worry about mucking up signal without amps and heads to worry about.

BornToRun likes this.
  2. BornToRun

Regular Supporter

I'm watching their rig rundown right now. They all use the same Fractal Axe FX. His justification, so to speak, is so they can bring more production, etc.

3. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

Yeah, I was absolutely blown away by the show I saw in Champaign last year. I heard they were using Fractal Axe FX and it was pretty amazing. I've likely been to over 100 shows, and it's no exaggeration to say that it was the best sounding concert I've ever been to, and I was in front right against the barricade.

I was completely baffled by the STL show. Again, near the front and between Jim and Tom, but could only faintly hear guitar next to the absolutely punishing bass drum and bass guitar. Something was way off. I knew something was odd when I could barely hear the opening chords to Sure and Certain. It was almost comically soft. I heard people behind me shouting "We can't hear your guitar!" between songs, so I know it wasn't just me.

BornToRun likes this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Bummer! You figure someone on the crew would have figured it out.

5. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

Yeah, I may not have noticed it as much had I not had the amazing experience last year. I mean, I can't overhype just how great that one sounded. The guitars were loud and pristine, and the vocals were coming in perfectly at the top of the mix. I was nearly in tears over how great it sounded. Haha.

6. TMS2787

Trusted

I saw The Sturts on Friday in Cleveland because my buddy had a last minute free ticket and I was already in the area… I really can’t believe that JEW played with them.

7. EarthShifts

Trusted

On my way to the Boston show. Can’t wait. I’ve only seen them once before and it was the Clarity your back in 09.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  8. EarthShifts

Trusted

This show was so good. I was on cloud 9 the entire time.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  9. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah - they were really tight. I've seen them a million times but last night was great. Really wish I had the other openers, though :(

EarthShifts likes this.
  10. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

I though Lahey was amazing but then I'm obsessed with her new album and this was the biggest show I'd seen her play so I was stoked for her. JEW was great as always, couldn't believe when I checked my list after talking with people in line that my first show of theirs was in 2004. Kinda thought the crowd was dead most of the night but they popped for all the big songs.

cwhit and EarthShifts like this.
  11. EarthShifts

Trusted

Yea. People around me were just texting or talking the whole time. I mean, people are free to spend their money how they want but, if all you want to do is talk, you could do that somewhere quieter for a lot cheaper.

Osceola13 and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  12. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, everyone around me was really subdued. The guys behind me got really excited anytime they played a song from Chase This Light, but nothing else, which I thought was weird.

13. Jusscali

Cause Chase This Light is boss lol but idgaf what anyone else was doing cause I was in the zone. Lahey put on a decent show, but I'm just not into that brand of stuff. I did enjoy 2-3 of the tracks they played, though.

14. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Oh I agree about chase this light, but it just seemed odd that they couldn't have cared less about any other albums.

15. Jusscali

I mean I nearly faint every time I hear 23 in any capacity so I don't get it either lol

Osceola13 likes this.
  16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I still think about 50% of the audience at most Jimmy Eat World shows is only there for the Middle and Sweetness.

17. Jusscali

Weird- I could care less for the encore at this point lol

18. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yeah, seen them 5 times in the last year and it’s always like that

19. oldboot

Regular

The crowd at the Boston show was terrible, at least around me. Put your fucking phones away. Get off Instagram. Enjoy the show. I'm all for a picture or two, maybe a short video. I'd go as far as to say I encourage it...get a memento of the night. But fuck me, browsing Facebook in the middle of a show is really rude to those around you.

Anyway, the band themselves sounded fantastic. As long as they keep playing 23 I will keep going. I love that they keep Blister in the set, though at some point I'd like to see them switch back to Action Needs an Audience for the Tom song. Anyway, I love this band...7th time seeing them and as long as they keep touring I will keep going!

alkalinexandy and EarthShifts like this.
  20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

alex lahey is the best

Osceola13 and alkalinexandy like this.
  21. EarthShifts

Trusted

Were you standing by the left bar too, because that’s how it was near me. One girl was just reading full articles on Facebook.

Despite the people around though, I still was able to stay focused on the band the whole time and thought they sounded so good. 23 was amazing.

22. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Is there a reason they totally ignore Invented? I'd trade in a few CTL songs to hear "Mixtape" or "Little Thing"

23. oldboot

Regular

Incredibly I was on the floor to the right. I had two girls reading articles, scrolling Insta, the whole deal. It was tough because my girlfriend is 5'2" and we had a spot where she could see so I didn't want to risk trying to move around the packed floor. I just don't get it...you can read Facebook at home! Agreed though, they sounded so good. It was amazing to hear 23 and Dizzy in one night. I don't think I'd seen them do that since the House of Blues show in 2010!

EarthShifts likes this.
  24. EarthShifts

Trusted

My wife is 5’ so I know what you mean. So many shows she can’t see, so we made sure to find a spot against the guardrail on the left so that she wouldn’t have anyone stand in front of her, and we did not want to move at all.

I had only seen them on Clarity anniversary tour, so seeing most of that set was new to me. It was great.

25. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, the crowd at that Boston show was roooough. I barely notice if people are just sitting on their phones or whatever, but there was a shit-ton of talking around me the entire time... Granted, I was in the back by the bar, it's just obnoxious to be talking through 75% of a band's set (i.e., whenever they aren't playing a "hit").

I love her record/songwriting, but was a little disappointed with the live set. It just felt kinda "meh" to me... But I was still excited about seeing her live, and look forward to doing so again in a smaller, headlining setting.