Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World / The Hotelier / Microwave / The Struts / Alex Lahey Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Outdoor venue, the weather will be perfect for it, sound is nice but not as good as inside. Its sloped so you can see from pretty much anywhere but they have a lower deck / pit area (still same GA ticket) that’s worth showing up early to be in because once that gets packed you end up seeing from odd angles elsewhere.

Austin is a great city though so may be worth it for that if you’re into good food / a strong bar scene. It’ll be graduation weekend probably so if you do decide to do Austin settle on lodging early.

emersontheauthor likes this.
  2. emersontheauthor

Regular

Thanks for all this!

3. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Also don’t get trapped by the BBQ restaurant aspect of it, lots of visitors assume it’s good because it’s sort of well known but it’s expensive and very lackluster.

Feel free to let me know if any other questions come up!

4. emersontheauthor

Regular

Wow, thanks so much! I'll take you up on that if I think of anything between now and May. We were kind of leaning towards Austin because it's been ten years since we've been down there, and we thought it'd be cool to make a weekend out of it.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

They just announced four more summer shows with Rozwell Kid.

Turkeylegz and Contender like this.
  6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the greatest rock band in america finally gets to play with jimmy eat world

y2jayjk and alkalinexandy like this.
  7. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

They’re really having the best support come out in their tours this year.

Turkeylegz and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Very stoked

Turkeylegz likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My wife might divorce me...Going to be driving back from a bachelor party on July 15, so I'll be gone all weekend. Can't imagine she'll be happy with me driving back and going straight to a concert...I think I'll test it though.

red8ge, Turkeylegz, bachna84 and 2 others like this.
  10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I'm going to Courtney Barnett the night before in Columbus...I might be getting ahold of you soon, haha.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  11. TMS2787

Trusted

Now I don’t have to worry about finding tickets for the Pittsburgh date in May.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  12. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

got tickets for the charlotte show, can't wait

13. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

If you guys divorce, "Damage" is a very cathartic break-up record.

bachna84 likes this.
  14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I tested the waters last night...asked her if she wanted to go with me (knowing very well she'd say no) and I said, 'OK well I might go and it's the day I get back from Kentucky.' And she (half?) jokingly said 'well pick one or the other' and I said, 'nah, I'll do both. You'll be sleeping by the time I even leave for the concert anyway' which is probably true and she didn't seem to cause much of a fuss at all.

I'll make sure to keep everyone posted.

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

@JaytotheGee Do you anticipate this selling out? If so, quickly? I can't remember if they sold out the last time they played HOB (2013).

bachna84 likes this.
  16. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I figure it'll sell out but not sure how quick. I'm buying my ticket tomorrow to be safe

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think it will but not quickly, I'll keep you posted though

ncarrab likes this.
  18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

As always, thanks!

JaytotheGee likes this.
  19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm more worried about driving six hours back from Kentucky extremely hungover the day of the show rather than my wife potentially divorcing me.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  20. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Any catch this last night or tonight? I'm interested in what all three bands setlist will look like, particularly the Hotelier. This is a pretty big tour for them.

21. timcsheehan

Regular

They are up on setlist.fm

22. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Ahhh the JEW ones weren't up there when I checked last night. Solid set. I'd love to see 23 in Chicago. Good setlist from the Hotelier too. A good showcase for them.

23. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Avoiding setlists until the Chicago show tomorrow!

24. TMS2787

Trusted

I debated on going to Pittsburgh last night, I was in a record store around 6:00 PM and they had JEW playing, I had a few leads on tickets and decided not too. I kind of regret it now. Not that the setlist was anything vastly different then I’ve seen from them before but now I’ll have to wait until July. Oh, well.

25. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

I can never wait. I ALWAYS HAVE TO KNOW haha