Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World - Surviving (October 18, 2019) Album • Page 99

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Sep 17, 2019.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Nice

2. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

also Love Never fits into this album SO much better than I expected it to

ChiliTacos likes this.
  3. BenSmith94

Trusted

Early impressions of the record are that's it's pretty good. I think sonically I prefer Integrity Blues, but still enjoying Surviving.

Pepetito likes this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Tom’s tone is perfection in that video.

5. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Definitely my favorite album since Futures. I think with time, this will crack my top 3 for them. Absolutely loving it.

6. Jimnatives

555 has the potential to become my favourite ever Jimmy eat world song.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  7. Fox83

Trusted

Yes...the era of Surviving as the opener is going exactly as I'd hoped...

8. uhhh it looks like they've been doing Surviving----> Bleed American which rocks

chewbacca110 and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  9. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i know this is crazy and i will take it back as soon as i listen to integrity blues again but i feel like this is their best record this decade

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i would still take IB and invented over this but who cares

11. my brain keeps breaking down every time i try to think about ranking this band so

12. NitrateDawn

Regular

I'd probably place this just above Invented so far, which is pretty far down my list, but really it's too early to tell where it'll end up

KidLightning likes this.
  13. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I agree with this, but I do have to credit Integrity Blues with getting me back into this band after years of not really caring. I'll never forget listening to that album for the first time, sick and dazed and walking around NOLA. (P.s. getting sick on a solo vacation sucks.)

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  14. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i like the verses of "Diamond" but man do i hate the chorus. can't quite explain why. not sure if it's the key it's sung in or just the chorus lyrics, but i do not like it.

"Delivery" definitely my fav on this. listen to that song so much.

anonimito and tomdelonge like this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It's difficult for me to compare the two albums. They're a lot different for me. Right now I view Integrity Blues as a piece of art and Surviving as a solid rock record that has a little of everything this band represents and has done. I'm sure thoughts will change over time. Especially, after this damn heat wave passes and it starts to feel more like fall lol.

anonimito, DesolateEarth and Polaris like this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The bridge in Delivery might be my favorite part on the album.

17. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

I had the same reaction at first. Some cheese in those chorus lyrics but it’s hard to stay mad at something so positive (and true).

18. socklord

Trusted

I prefer this album to Invented and Damage so far, but it’s got nothing on Integrity Blues. That album means a whole lot to me so I didn’t really expect this album to challenge how I feel about Integrity Blues for me.

But there’s obviously enough room in my heart for every JEW album. While many of them are very similar to each other, they’re all unique in their own individual rights and Surviving is everything I wanted from the band right now without even realizing it. This album, to me, feels like a celebration of one’s self and it’s timed up perfectly with where I’m at right now in my life just like Integrity Blues did three years ago.

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  19. Polaris

Regular

I think it's their Chase This Light of 2010s.

elphshelf likes this.
  20. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I think Integrity is probably a stronger album and a bigger accomplishment, but I’m betting I’ll listen to this one more frequently.

21. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

for me personally, i feel like i have to be in a certain "mood" to listen and fully enjoy Integrity Blues, whereas Surviving is a just a jam you can throw on whenever and enjoy.

MikeERayner and elphshelf like this.
  22. jorbjorb

7 rings

I definitely like this better than IB.

and I love IB.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  23. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Too early to tell whether or not I like this more than IB.

The first few listens I would’ve said no, but this has grown a lot already on me and I’m loving it more and more.

Time will tell based on how much I revisit this.

Either way, they are the most consistent band working and I love them.

24. Samesies. Prior to this year, I was pretty much only listening to Futures/Stay On My Side Tonight or Integrity Blues whenever I was craving their music, and I am a fan since late 2009 I think? Weird how I'm falling in love with the rest of their discography a decade later.

25. DesolateEarth

Birb

Yeah so far this is definitely above Invented and Damage. Can't tell yet whether I will end up liking this or IB more yet. Even if I do end up liking IB more still, this will be only slightly below it.

.K. likes this.