Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World - Surviving (October 18, 2019) Album • Page 115

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Sep 17, 2019.

1. DesolateEarth

Birb

On an album this good, I dont think any song being someone's favorite is a hot take Haha

2. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

The album is two weeks old and you are comparing it to a A+ discography that has had years to simmer. But do as you will.

3. DesolateEarth

Birb

What? I wasn't comparing it to the rest of their music at all??? I was just saying it is good and has no weak songs.

4. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I"m sorry. I was referring to the one who said it was already a top 10 song.

After giving this a few weeks, I feel the only weak song is the opener. One Mil and Diamond took a bit to grow on me but they are pretty good. Still wish the album was longer though.

Brother Beck likes this.
  5. Lucas27

Trusted

I see this a lot and it makes no sense to me. Most of the albums I consider my favorites of all-time were albums that I knew were special from the first listen. These statements accomplish nothing other than being a downer.

anonimito, KidLightning and SpyKi like this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Plus sometimes a song just floors you.

anonimito and Lucas27 like this.
  7. Lucas27

Trusted

And it’s the coolest feeling ever.

anonimito likes this.
  8. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I think that was the live debut, too. Such a great show!

ChiliTacos likes this.
  9. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

They played it a month ago

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Ooof, Jim just shouted out Pinegrove on this livestream...

11. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I still think "One Mil" is easily the worst thing on this album, and that's mostly because the beginning of the song is so bad and those 25 seconds drag down the rest of it.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  12. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Most of the albums I consider my favorites are albums I keep coming back to year after year after year. I disagree with you that the statement was just about being a downer.

13. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

Ah, gotcha. I didn't go back far enough in their setlists. My mistake.

Greg likes this.
  14. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

It’s all good.

Argus likes this.
  15. Lucas27

Trusted

I get that, but a lot of people know instantly when an album is going to have longevity. Again, I’d say 75% of my favorite records were a 10/10 for me on first or second listen. And a very small percentage of those didn’t hold up as well. Sometimes you just know. And it rocks.

Pepetito and anonimito like this.
  16. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Fair enough

17. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

been keeping an eye on the "555" video play count after seeing it go from 50 to 380k in 24 hours and it's currently at 1,1m. that's more than anything from Integrity Blues and just a little under "I Will Steal You Back", which is six years old. it's got a gem of a hook, but i wonder if the video itself and its weird concept are partly responsible for that. anyway, most consistent band of the last 25 years.

18. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Taylor Swift mentioning that song probably did wonders for the view count, too. deserves it though - amazing pop tune

19. Band is following me around. Last night I heard Hear You Me playing at the venue I was in, and I heard I Will Steal You Back where I'm having dinner 10 minutes ago. I like this.

David Parke likes this.
  20. They covered Andrew WK’s Party Hard tonight and it was amazing

also this shirt I bought rules
    C1E5D417-342B-4A3A-BF7A-0053B074255D.jpeg

21. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

22. Sooooo we are all just ignoring the fact that they played “Rockstar” lastnight?

23. Yeah that was rad too

bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

chewbacca110 and Carrow like this.