Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World on “Ernie Ball: String Theory”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This was so cool and that guitar tone is beastly.

CMilliken likes this.
  3. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

My string theory is already in me.

4. sayitaintjoe

This was really good. It's really cool to hear him play some of these riffs super raw and unpolished.

jlinitz and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  5. DooDooBird

Trusted

Oh my god. I don't know if it's the humbuckers on that thing or whatever amp settings he's got it on... but man. That hollow body telecaster sounds incredible. I'm sure Ernie Ball would want me to believe it's all in the strings.

6. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

For anyone interested. This is from a year ago so it is likely very current to his guitar-effects-amp configuration now.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Really neat to hear Jim tell a brief origin story and touch on why he uses Ernie Ball strings. I've aways used their bass strings so I can attest in that area, also the whole "It was probably around 2004, 2007, where I was like, oh, ok, I guess we're doing this".

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

I had to take the time to learn all these riffs. Just too cool.

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

That's the jim adkins signature telecaster which you could buy. It's got P90's in the bridge and P90's in the neck. In the video you can see that he has the switch to the neck pickup.

10. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Jim is just one of the best people.

11. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Jim is great.

12. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

The Jim Adkins signature is such a cool guitar. I'd love to get my hands on one some day. This was a great video, he seems like such a genuinely cool dude.

Also, I think the solo in "The Middle" is criminally underrated. Sure, it's not a shred-fest or overtly technical, but it's well-composed and executed, and catchy as all hell.

jorbjorb likes this.
  13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm learning guitar and I feel like he simultaneously makes it look easy and hard. Like okay he's just moving his fingers around like anyone could learn to do that eventually right??? But then he talks about things that I have no idea about and I'm back to being overwhelmed and awed!

14. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

I was skeptical about this setup until I saw them live last year. It was one of the best sounding shows I've ever been to.

oncenowagain likes this.
  15. jorbjorb

7 rings

Agreed. Very great live show and it's a breeze for them to setup.