Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Livestream Reminder

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Hotpants182 likes this.
  2. efp722

Regular

I might be alone in assuming this... but I had assumed that this was a live, in studio performance, that was being live streamed.

It is not (no where on the site does it actually say it's live, I had just assumed). These were prerecorded and mixed over the past few weeks. I didn't know this when I bought my tickets and I am in different. On one hand, I thought it was going to be an actual live stream and was looking forward to it but I'm also super excited about the level of production value this means.

Either way, I can't wait!

Attached Files:

3. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I’m cool with “live” streams. The Bad Religion ones were unbelievable, tight and even with mistakes/restarts, and they had time for talking heads and a lot of great info.

Jim has mentioned repeatedly on social media that this is unlike anything they’ve ever done. I am sure that’s a visual component. And I can’t wait to see how that appears.

JRGComedy and efp722 like this.
  4. Hotpants182

the Surviving show starts in less than an hour. So pumped!

5. orangehorizon

Trusted

$ 17.50 is already pretty expensive for a stream but they also charge an order fee? Wtf?

Brent likes this.
  6. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

I bought the 3 show bundle. Adore all 3 of those albums. Hell, I adore all Jimmy albums.

Can't wait to watch it tomorrow night (annoyingly too late for a lot of my mates who want to watch it "together" and text each other).

7. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Really hoping that they do 3 lots of 3 shows/albums and then wind it all up with a newly recorded and reimagined version of their 1994 album. Making it sound like what it would sound like if they recorded it today, with all of the knowledge from their 25+ year long career. Then they can tour it next year along with Surviving because it never got a proper tour.

8. Weezer17

I enjoyed it, but it was also kind of lame. I also thought this would be more than them standing in a studio playing the songs. There was barely any banter to spice it up. It really sounded like I was listening to the album, which, i can do anytime. Being able to see them didn't add much to the broadcast. It would have been better if they did it like MxPx does, where they interact with the fans and take requests during the set....although i understand taking requests when they are only playing an album, wouldn't really work. The fee for a 39 minute set was a bit high.