Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World - Integrity Blues (October 21, 2016) Album • Page 241

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I have a weird difficulty really connecting with bands where I really love their early albums/whatever album made me discover them and have a serious connection to them, but I have a hard time developing that with newer releases even if I like the album. But I have had a connection to every album from this band, especially IB. They are just that good.

2. RoKKeR

The Fly

I'm currently in the midst of a Jimmy Eat World obsession. I've listened to Futures all the way through probably 15 times this week, with Integrity Blues not far behind.

Almost 2 years and many posts back y'all got me hooked on this band, and I had almost forgotten about it. Futures is becoming an all-time favorite album of mine. 2 years ago I was a senior in college in the midst of a hellish grind interviewing for jobs after graduation, and those albums in particular were on constant repeat as I was blasting out resumes and cover letters into the unknown.

Music is cool.

Also I have very weird feelings about turning 24 next week, given everything that is the song 23.

3. MikeERayner

Trusted

At least people will like you again :P

4. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Threw this on a few minutes ago for the first time in a long while.

I think it's time for a Jimmy Eat World binge.

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

So that little riff before the switch-up in Pass the Baby sounds like heaven

Effectiveness in simplicity

6. BackyardHero11

Trusted

love Pass the Baby musically, but definitely the one song on the record lyrically that I just feel doesn't fit with the rest of the record, idk haha. not a favorite of mine.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  7. dlemert

Trusted

Pass the Baby rules. Definitely an outlier on the record, but I love it.

DesolateEarth likes this.
  8. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I feel like I might enjoy it more outside the record, but it's the one part of the record that I think hurts the flow for me.

9. Stra1ghtArrow

Love 'pass the baby' but 'it matters' is the best sounding song on that album. The bass is fantastic.

10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

JEW took chances with all the tones on IB and I friggin' love it. Open drums in a way they haven't quite captured before (Clarity was a lot more room mics). Really aggressive, gnarly guitar tones (Pass The Baby, Get Right). Airy vocals (You With Me, title track).

11. DesolateEarth

Birb

Pretty Grids is one of the most underrated songs on the album. Probably because it has the unfortunate luck of being wedged between It Matters and Pass The Baby.

Rowan5215 and JRGComedy like this.
  12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Been sort of obsessed with the title track lately.

Larry David and DesolateEarth like this.
  13. DesolateEarth

Birb

The title track leading right into Pol Roger like that is all sorts of magical.

14. i've got work to do

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

A fool just wants and wants and wants

16. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Pretty Grids is incredible and a sexy jam

DesolateEarth likes this.
  17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

First half this of this is still great, as well as the last 2 songs.

18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

For me this album gets better and better each time I listen to it, and I already thought it was a masterpiece.

I love Zach Lind hyping up the opener of their newly recorded album, because it's their follow-up to this.

Rowan5215 and anonimito like this.
  19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

What has he said?

20. DesolateEarth

Birb

Honestly, given that they have proven they can put out an album this good this late in their career, I have a ton of faith in them to potentially top IB this year.

21. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Bryan Diem and FTank like this.
  22. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I never want to say it because I don’t want people to think I’m a bad JEW fan or that they shouldn’t be my favorite band. But I really think their later work is their best work. Yeah, Clarity and Bleed and Futures are classics, but I’d rather listen to Inventrd and Integrity Blues. I just think they’ve honed what they’re good at and kept figuring out new ways to write that improves on everything they’ve done before.

So... yeah. Totally agree with you.

23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Never think you're a bad fan for thinking these guys have aged like fine wine. They really have

24. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

While I still believe Stay On My Side Tonight is the best thing they've ever put out, I agree JEW has gotten stronger and stronger from Chase this Light through Integrity Blues. If Futures/SOMST was peak #1, I hope the next album will be peak #2 and they'll be one of those bands that's more like a mountain range than a single mountain.

25. minty901

Hey now. Look at you. Way cool.

zach is feisty on his twitter lately. i like that he just slammed the pitchfork founder, that Bleed American review was just plain rude. There's subjective critique and then there's unnecessary rudeness.

what confuses me though is zach is criticising bands for 25th anniversary celebrations when they havent been together the whole time. You'd think he's pointing a finger at Mineral, however apparently their 25th anniversary commemorative book contains contributions from jimmy eat world. Anyone know who else is celebrating 25 years without being together that whole time?

I think it's fine to celebrate the 25th anniversary of a band's inception, even if they weren't together the whole time. I'd guess zach is probably annoyed that Mineral is taking the spotlight right now as "emo kings celebrate 25 years" when probably the only reason their legacy has lasted that long is because they didn't continue as a band. its easier to come bang with a bang than continue with a bang. Jimmy put in more work and get less attention for it maybe because people think "oh they're always there, no big deal".