Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World - Integrity Blues (October 21, 2016) Album • Page 239

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Aug 19, 2016.

1. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

why does it matter, all of the tension and release of the song is in the arrangement not the number of chords

2. vidiviciveni

Trusted

It's not the number obviously, its the fact that JEW writes a lot of songs in that same formula, and Evidence wasn't particularly well executed to my ears

There's nothing interesting to me about it whatsoever. I'm listening right now, its no good for me. It's the same chords and Jim repeating the word Evidence.

3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i don't think it's written in the same formula as a lot of other jimmy eat world songs; for one thing it's kinda weird that the real hook of the song isn't even jim's vocal but is instead the contrast of the giant wall of guitars coming after the the relatively tightly and sparely played verse/chorus

OotyPa, Jason Tate and Aregala like this.
  4. vidiviciveni

Trusted

That's fair. The wall of guitars is coolio

anonimito and unbornwhiskey like this.
  5. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

This thread just got me to listen to Invented again for the first time in a while and fuck me does it hit hard. Mixtape is a hell of a closer.

6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

The lyrics on Invented just don’t really do anything for me overall.

7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

invented came out the year i moved to new york so there's... obv parallels there

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Invented came out my senior year of high school so I have a super strong connection to it and was hit hard by a lot of the lyrics. It's not one of my absolute favorite jimmy eat world albums but it's still a 9/10.

9. minty901

Hey now. Look at you. Way cool.

Evidence is a great idea for a song that was ruined by the loudness war IMO. The idea of the song is that it's all about how loud it gets, but it doesn't actually get loud at all, because all of the dynamics have been squeezed out of it. There really isn't much of a volume difference between the verses and the guitar riffs. Not the band's fault, necessarily. I enjoyed it live because they were able to actually service the song's concept properly without a producer throwing a compressor and limiter on it.

Littlething is the band's best guitar solo.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  10. emersontheauthor

Regular

Invented came out the year I started college, and the road that I took to get to the parking lot was called Houston Street so. There's that. It was a big one for me. "Littlething" is the only song I sometimes skip, although I love the verse about the cab ride. "Invented" the song is my jam. It is...so much to me.

Damage I loved straightaway. The only song that kind of bothers me is "No, Never" because... I don't know, the subject matter just bothers me. I get it, I get why it's there and everything, but it's just not one of my favorites. And then "Byebyelove" feels like - a tiny bit too long/drawn out to the point where it feels a little corny? I know it's just me, everyone else loves that song. But still. Sometimes I skip it in favor of "You Were Good."

"Lean" through "How'd You Have Me" is so solid.

anonimito likes this.
  11. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Byebyelove is one of the band's very few straight up bad songs

FTank likes this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree, it’s the only bad song on at least the last few records

Rowan5215 likes this.
  13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Blister is an absolute anthem.

14. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I’m seeing them for the first time this summer and I couldn’t be more excited.

They’ve been in my top 10 favorite artists for about half my life, I have no idea how I haven’t seen them yet.

Also, I fucking love Invented.

emersontheauthor and inwaves like this.
  15. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Just saw them for the first time last week and it was an incredible experience screaming along to all of these songs I’ve loved for so long. They’re playing such a great set on this tour.

16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i legit teared up during always be. really happy i got to see that live finally.

17. oldboot

Regular

I love Evidence. I agree that it's different than a lot of JEW songs in the way there isn't really that distinct, punchy chorus. I love the guitars. Fucking hell Invented is a masterpiece IMO

18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I teared up during "Polaris" and "23" in Chicago. Despite the songs being about love gone awry, I hugged my girl tight during "I feel that when I'm old I'll look at you and know the world was beautiful" and "no one else will have me, only you".

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i was mad we got polaris instead of kill

chewbacca110 likes this.
  20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Really hoping these vary their sets at Slam Dunk. I'm seeing them headline in Leeds, then seeing Good Charlotte in Hatfield and then these again in Birmingham. All the main songs plus some different ones thrown in each night would be nice.

21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I lost my mind when we got Polaris

chewbacca110 likes this.
  22. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I prefer Kill to Polaris (Kill was my favorite song of all time for years) but just hearing Jim sing the bridge of Polaris live was so so so amazing. Goosebumps.

Rowan5215, BornToRun, Aregala and 3 others like this.
  23. emersontheauthor

Regular

Those are two of my top favorite songs on Futures so I wouldn't be able to pick. So good. My favorites are the sort of moody atmospheric ones - Drugs or Me, Night Drive as well.

24. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

my favorite jimmy eat world song is honestly probably “clarity” (at least it’s been my fav for the longest) so i’d love to see it live one day lol

25. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I'd love to hear them play Closer live

This part always makes me go 6 to midnight

Maverick, Rowan5215, inwaves and 2 others like this.