Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World – Surviving • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

They didn't just 'stay in their lane' for this album...they pushed boundaries, give a variety of heavy, soft and interesting vibes sonically, and Jim has never sounded better. The musicianship, songwriting, all of it equates to 10/10 for me. I've not been into their last couple records the way i was in their earlier work, but this album brings me right back to the fanboy i never knew I've always been.

2. prattsy

Regular

Wouldn't it be bizarre if Jimmy Eat World let us down one of these days? I've almost come to expect being completely satisfied which is unfair to them but they always deliver - Surviving included.

Great write-up. Especially loved your paragraph beginning with "To the cynical ear" and how it feels somehow more genuine coming from Jim than it would 99% of other bands because he has been there for us. Really cool observation that I didn't think of but I bet all of us could confirm.

3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Finally caught up on this thread.

I’ve spent a lot of time with this over the last couple days and I agree the overall sentiment of this thread.

Love it.

Early stand out tracks for me:

Delivery
    Recommit
    Congratulations

as well as the other 7

Serh likes this.
  4. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Definitely meant to post this in the album thread.

haha. Oh well.