Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jim Adkins Talks with Alt. Press

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jim Adkins of Jimmy Eat World talked with Alt. Press about their new album:

You did some songwriting with Sam Hollander (Panic! At The Disco’s “High Hopes,” Fitz And The Tantrums’ “HandClap”) for this album. Even though those songs didn’t make the cut, was that a way to avoid stasis—to get in a room with a stranger, be vulnerable and try to approach writing from a different creative place?

I wouldn’t entirely count those songs out yet, but we didn’t end up finishing them for this record. It’s fascinating to me: I love the craft of it. Everybody approaches it a different way. Everybody has a different kind of aural tradition of how they figured it out or was taught to them. The same thing goes for people who produce records: Everybody makes records a little bit differently. When you get the chance to work with somebody else, you learn so much.

Spencer Rhoton likes this.
  2. WAIT WHAT?! JIMMY EAT WORLD USED CO-WRITERS?! IS NOTHING SACRED!!?!?

jk jk. I'd love to hear those songs. Hope they finish and release them eventually.

3. Man, I would love to just spend a day talking with Jim. He seems like such a wise soul. So excited for this record.

4. Eml182

Regular

Jim Adkins has aged zero years since the band formed. He even sounds the same!

thechetearly and moore182 like this.
  5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’m sort of glad Surviving is problem all them.

I wouldn’t be against them taking whatever songs they didn’t finish with the writer and make an EP or get a single of two out of it. It’s Jimmy, so I can’t imagine whatever they were doing was bad.

6. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Jim Adkins is approaching Paul Rudd-esque levels of not aging.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.