Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jetty Bones Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ianebaldwin, May 17, 2016.

1. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

“Everything” is wild

2. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I just really love this album.

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I mean, they were set to tour with TMP just last year before COVID happened, so idk that's kind of not great. Supporting a headlining band with someone like Dylan in it is a yikes from me.

Tiny Moving Parts reveal 2020 tour with Belmont, Jetty Bones, Capstan

4. I got a couple songs in on this and turned it off. Was not what I was expecting at all - which is fine - except I don't think the genre switch was pulled off that well. I'll come back in a couple days with different expectations and see how I'm feeling. Kinda bummed, I was really looking forward to this but hadn't listened to any pre-release singles.

Staypositive83 likes this.
  5. AshlandATeam

Trusted

TJ Wells likes this.
  6. Anthony_

Well no it was a legitimate question at the time, I just didn't google it myself.

Now that we have an answer though, it's interesting that this is your reaction.

7. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I think what’s interesting is how fast you are to say ‘yikes’ here. She dated him; he’s a known abuser. Guess what? Abusers are good at manipulating the people in their lives. She kept playing with his band after he was outed - there are all sorts of reasons that might be. You wanna hold that against her? Fine. That’s totally your right. But it’s not nearly as good of a look as you think it is. And there’s a comment right below mine a page ago you haven’t addressed or called ‘interesting’ that’s the reason why I’m reacting the way I’m reacting.

But you’re right. I said her IG showed she hadn’t had any connection for well over a year. That was wrong. It was last March. A year, not well over.

8. Anthony_

Well you're the only one who quoted me trying to start a bizarre fight over an artist who has toured with, and planned to tour again with, an admitted abuser. Hence why I responded to you. I'm not trying to start fights with people, just trying to keep people aware of what the deal is here. Some people actually like to know and not bury their heads in the sand.

9. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Okay, this time I’ll quote you. I will literally always give a woman who dated an abuser the benefit of the doubt because it is so likely that she was also party to the person’s abuse. Abusers don’t just abuse one person, they manipulate those close to them. Again, based on her being single for a year, never mentioning them again after that tour was cancelled, and the lyrics on this record, I don’t think we need a statement from a woman clearly trying to heal from trauma. I am much more suspicious of men who continue to hang with their friends who are outed as abusers because there is a code of brotherhood that exists due to a millennia of patriarchal benefits that women cannot be a part of. The call is yours to make, but I think these mitigating factors should be considered, especially when the woman in question is literally telling you some fucked up things happened to her.

10. Anthony_ Feb 26, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 26, 2021)
    Anthony_

That's all valid and I understand what you're saying. And in regard to your previous comment, nobody is holding anyone but Dylan accountable for Dylan's actions. I thought that continuing to tour with and support someone like that, years after the accusations were made public and admitted by him, was worthy of criticism imo. I understand there may be other factors at play here, and I have not listened to the album due to the band's prior associated with TMP, so I was not aware of its lyrical content. I was just posting the information I had just the same as I would do in any other band thread in a similar situation. Was not trying to start a fight here with anyone.

11. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

We need to stop this though. We should strive to make sure that everyone is aware of the issues that are happening in the industry but coming in and baiting people to answer questions you know the answers to is not helping anyone. There must be a better way of raising awareness?

12. Anthony_

I said before I didn’t know the answer and then googled it myself

13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t LOVE the style shift but I don’t know how anyone could deny how much of a fucking banger “Nothing” is.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  14. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Went in expecting stuff like Old Women EP and left confused. The talk rapping thing just wasn’t working. Hope this gets into some new folks hands that enjoy it

15. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

But she only does that for like...one song? Am I forgetting stuff?

16. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Listened to this while on the treadmill at the gym, and absolutely loved it. I’m a sucker for pop music. I noticed a lot of the pop heavy stuff was at the front of the album, while the back half was more so... raw? That may not be the right word. Will be doing more listens. This works for me.