Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jethro Tull Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, Mar 14, 2016.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Jethro Tull were a British rock group, formed in Luton, Bedfordshire, in December 1967. Initially playing blues rock, the band soon developed its sound to incorporate elements of British folk music and hard rock to forge a progressive rock signature. The band was led by vocalist/flautist/guitarist Ian Anderson, and have included other significant members such as guitarist Martin Barre, keyboardist John Evan, drummers Clive Bunker, Doane Perry, and Barriemore Barlow, and bassists Glenn Cornick, Jeffrey Hammond, and Dave Pegg.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SoundscapeMN likes this.
  2. cshadows2887 Mar 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 24, 2020)
    cshadows2887

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Why tf has no one commented on this thread! Jethro Tull are an absolute timeless classic band. Absolutely love them.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I'm here for some Tull. Mostly shinfo, but relevant to this thread, my dad saw Jethro Tull back in his college days and said it was probably one of his favorite live experiences.

oldjersey likes this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It was my dads favorite band

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  6. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Our dads have good taste. Jethro Tull is one of the more underrated "classic rock" bands imo.

oldjersey likes this.
  7. lina555

Regular

Oh one my fiend really love them and was on their concerts and I heard them with the help of it. One of the best bands with the flute! Nice to meet them here :)

8. cshadows2887

Heard Benefit for the first time and was really into it. "Teacher" is even better in context and it has the blend of blues-rock and folk just about perfect.

oldjersey likes this.