Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jessie Ware Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Jul 18, 2016.

1. When my top 20 overlaps so much with that list, maybe it means I should start to worry

2. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

this album rules!!

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yes

mescalineeyes likes this.
  4. Been revisiting What’s Your Pleasure? and I just don’t want to switch it off

mescalineeyes likes this.
  5. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

It’s so so good

Mary V likes this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I wish this album grew on me, but it never did. Easily my least favorite from her. I never could get past the whole thing sounding like one song, makes it hard for me to really grasp on to anything specific

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  7. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

one of my favorites of the year, easily. one that I feel earns its long runtime. First two tracks are unreal way to open a record.

Mary V likes this.
  8. irthesteve

cherrywaves, Mary V and Ferrari333SP like this.
  9. username

hey you lil piss baby

Hell yeah. Tossed this on the other night and its still fantastic.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Saw this on a lot of top tens and decided to give it a spin. Not really for me at all. I like the aesthetic, but nothing clicked at all.

11. irthesteve

it's "vibey"

12. irthesteve

13. irthesteve

14. irthesteve

from mailing list

Hi everyone,

So, after telling you all in January that I was going to do a deluxe, it seems like I’ve taken my sweet time doing it. But it’s here! And going to be yours June 11th.

What does one call a deluxe record after their first deluxe was called the Gold Edition? Well, Platinum Pleasure of course!!! Now, we have to make the deluxe go to Platinum so I don’t feel like a wally.

The first taste of Platinum Pleasure (sounds like a condom range I know, hey, perhaps merch idea for tour in December???) goes out with the delightful Zoe Ball on Wednesday 28th April from 7.30am.

It’s called Please. It’s fun, flirtatious and a song that feels like we are getting closer to those moments of meeting up, talking, touching and kissing. I love it, I wrote it with Shungudzo, Danny Parker and James Ford (my dream team) and the video that is coming has loads more dancing for you lot to learn in time for the tour.

Now, onto the tour. December, I have everything crossed for it and honestly, can’t wait to perform to you all.

In the mean time, get ready for more music, more dancing and the arrival of What’s Your Pleasure The Platinum Pleasure edition. All formats (including limited edition vinyl, double cassette & more!) will be available on my store on Wednesday morning, so keep an eye out!

Sending loads of love to you all.

Jessie xxxxxxx

AWasteOfATime and Ferrari333SP like this.
  15. irthesteve

Deluxe tracks:

13. Please
    14. Impossible
    15. Eyes Closed
    16. Overtime
    17. Hot and Heavy
    18. Pale Blue Light
    19. 0208
    20. Adore You (Endless Remix)

16. irthesteve

17. cherrywaves

Trusted

Does this shit not come out tomorrow??

18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

19. username

hey you lil piss baby

These deluxe tracks are all quite good! I think the two singles are my favourites though, haven’t been able to get “Hot N Heavy” out of my head all week. So great to have even more material from this era.

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm personally a bigger fan of her early albums/Sade/ballad songs, versus her newer disco style

21. irthesteve

Devotion > Tough Love >>>>>> Glasshouse > What's Your Pleasure

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  22. username

hey you lil piss baby

:teethsmile::teethsmile::teethsmile:

Crisp X likes this.
  23. irthesteve

truth hurts, i know

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  24. username

hey you lil piss baby

I actually don’t disagree *that* much. I just think What’s Your Pleasure is her best and then I’d leave the rest the same.

25. irthesteve

Haha, that's cool, I can deal with it. I just don't like this album, still find it to sound like one long song without much that stands out as intersting. but hey, i know a lot of people love it so that's cool tooooo