Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jesse Lacey Releases a Statement • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 11, 2017.

1. You’re condemning the medicine while praising the poison my man. All kinds of backwards.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Sometimes ontd comments devolve into baseless speculation, but there is usually a lot of eye opening stuff. And I usually believe it cause I don't think a ton of ppl on that site even care about this music or these bands anymore. And ontd has a lot of women commenters so i trust their perspective more than a lot of male-dominated places. I think I remember the Mikey way cheating post, the Steve Klein post, the ian Watkins post, and the first Jesse Lacey post having a lot of stories and accusations shared in particular about various artists. It's a stark reminder that just cause it's silent around ur fave doesn't mean their hands are clean - it just might not have made it out into the open yet.

3. Very little in this is worth acknowledging, but - while we're discussing things we're not fond of, the use of the phrase "witch hunt" to describe the rooting out of predatory sexual behavior:

The witches who were murdered during the witch hunts were a) almost exclusively female; b) were, as previously mentioned, murdered; c) weren't sexually manipulating and assaulting 15 year old girls; d) were, you know, innocent.

4. Muzick

No, just sad to see people comment “this band is dead to me”. Hoping to open some people’s mind..

Stevangelion likes this.
  5. There is absolutely nothing wrong with considering Lacey's behavior to be a hard line. As we've discussed, it's a personal decision as to whether or not to continue to listen to the band - but there is NOTHING WRONG with finding this unacceptable enough to cease listening.

6. acousticlight

Not as sad as an adult man engaging in inappropriate sexual conduct with a minor

7. Muzick

Alright bro, since I have to explicitly say it, any sexual activity with anyone “underage” ( depends on the geographical location you inhabit) is potentially harmful and disgusting and against the law (depending on where you physically inhabit). No person (male or female or “???”) should be sexually harassed, molested, pressured, or forced to do anything against their will.

8. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Wait what the fuck

9. Muzick

Seriously, try to decipher a “troll” comment vs. a comment intended to inquire others to think a bit

10. Condescend to someone else, I'm not interested. You've made yourself far more clear than you seem to realize.

11. ... yeah I’m not the one missing that point.

12. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

my God, that guy is dumb

Zoshchenko and dylan like this.
  13. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

“Potentially” harmful???

mercury likes this.
  14. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Holy fucking shit you are a twat.

15. ArtMinute

https://thousandmillion.bandcamp.com/

Please remember that if you _do_ choose to continue listening to Brand New not everyone in your friend/social circle is on the same page with that decision. Before you decide to play Brand New in the car with your friends please remember that.

Brent, fenway89 and Turkeylegz like this.
  16. zporter92

Regular

yo someone take this Muzick dude to the hospital, no sign of brain activity.

Also labeling someone who was in their early/mid 20s when this occurred as "immature" is the dumbest shit ever. Even when I was 18 I could never remotely imagine doing anything with someone who was 15. The dude knew exactly what he was doing.

littlejohn likes this.
  17. DillonHigh

What a shitty statement. They're not women. They were girls. Underage girls. What the fuck did I just read?

18. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Well clearly I've missed something... lol..

19. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

like.. that's freshman/sophomore year of high school. I still kind of get surprised when I drive by the high school and I see how young everyone looks, like they look like elementary school kids to me. it's only surprising to me cuz I remember when I was at that age I thought I looked much older than I did lol. it's fucking weird to be 24 and attracted to that.

20. DillonHigh

"I want to save my marriage at any cost."
    -Jesse Lacey

That's how I read it.

Brent, koryoreo and bradpetrik like this.
  21. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I, like you, wish I could share the stories I know.

Kiana likes this.
  22. nicolecorrea

I have been so out of the scene for a very long time but this whole thing has brought up a lot of feelings in me. (Hi T8r Tot!) It is so strange how time can change perspective. A friend started talking to Jesse when she was in high school and had an identical experience as this woman. It wasn't until after it was way over and a long time had passed that I realized how predatory and gross his behavior was. These women are so strong and I can't (and won't) speak for them at all, but I have so much empathy and am astounded at their courage. Even though these events happened years ago, these wounds are being reopened for them by no decision of their own. I hope they all have a strong support system.

Years ago, I wrote a whole, long tumblr post about an experience I had on a tour bus with that creep Martin from Boys Like Girls that sort of got reblogged a bunch. I was forced to take down the post because higher ups were trying to protect him and his predatory behavior. Since my friend was just renting a bunk on the bus, out of respect for her and her career, I took it down. I would like to think that those people that were trying to hide shady behavior have learned that this is no longer acceptable and these men need to be held accountable for their actions. Jason, did you not post that here because I asked you not to or because higher ups asked you not to?

CAC3, Alexa, mercury and 11 others like this.
  23. Hey Nicole! It’s been a long time. My memory is shoddy about that long ago but my memory of that is that you had told me at one point not to put a name to it. I don’t remember hearing from any in their camp about that.

(Also, you’re not the only one I’ve heard that from in the past few years. But no one has ever wanted to go on record.)

Kiana and Turkeylegz like this.
  24. nicolecorrea

Yeah! I remember I had asked you not to post it because my friend was getting in trouble for it. The band's bus that it happened on was contacting me through people asking me to take it down. I was always curious if you got asked to not even post it.

25. Yeah I’ve spent the past few years with so many stories people told me not to post it sometimes gets me mixed up. Ugh. I remember that now. And I’ve heard other stories from people wishing to remain anonymous since then. Me being me I don’t take well to “the higher ups” telling me what to do, but I will always respect the people involved. I’d rather burn a bridge with a band or industry contact than say nothing when I should have and someone else get hurt.