Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jesse Lacey Releases a Statement • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 11, 2017.

1. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

This statement is nothing but complete bullshit and dodges the fucking issue. It’s on par with Kevin Spacey.

Fuck this band for all its worth. I will never respect anyone who remains a fan.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck that, make them pay for it.

beachdude42, Brent and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  3. theagentcoma Nov 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2017)
    theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Dude talks about shedding his narcissism and writes like 7 paragraphs about himself without ever mentioning the victim or her being underage

4. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

It's like he's offering a statement for an entirely separate set of events. No one would be this upset if this whole thing was about about cheating on his wife with another woman around his age. That would be reprehensible behavior but not criminal.

bradpetrik likes this.
  5. Jacob Davidson

Regular

I keep thinking about these statements and I think about what would be appropriate or good enough

And I’ve come to the conclusion that there isn’t a statement you could make that doesn’t incriminate you that would be good enough.

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It is our duty to address and take responsibility for what we put out into the world. When we only do that once we've been caught and our back is against the wall, forcing us to make a statement, it loses its significance.

7. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

All I want is a real apology to the victims.

8. Keep reading this over and over and shocked by how many times "I' is used in the statement. He made it about himself and his issues, never once mentioning or directly apologizing to Nicole who so bravely came forward. While I'm glad he feels remorse and has gotten treatment for his past actions, what was posted was a very safe string of words with religious undertones.

I'm heartbroken to lose confidence in a band so dear to me, but it's nothing compared to what his victims have felt. Now would be a good time for BN to end things, but judging by the comment section there's still a large audience at their feet.

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. nox

How you feeling?
    Are you healing?
    What's it mean to be sealed to HIM?

10. Well, yes. That's exactly it - you have to own what you've done before there can be any hope of moving past it. Another part is acknowledging and respecting that your victims (and in cases like this, the general public) are under no obligation to forgive you, keep it from altering their perception of you or to stop sharing their experiences when you're brought up.

And that's the part that I think is the hardest for people. I get why it's hard, but... this is serious stuff. It's not like he was rude to someone once.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  11. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

:(

12. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

This may be a half way decent statement about cheating on the women in his life, but it's a fucking terrible (and non existent) statement on yesterday's accusations.

13. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Louie did the exact same thing. All focused on himself and not the victims he harmed

ianzandi and bradpetrik like this.
  14. momo32t

Trusted

This is somehow worse than not saying anything at all.

15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

The BN fans are sickening on the page... it’s like LostProphets 2.0 but this time the fans aren’t going against him.

16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I don’t think the apology is really that acceptable. He made it about himself and his wife while trying to garner sympanthy for himself, all while he avoids really addressing his accusations by repeatedly apologizing like someone who got caught would do. The sentiment is there but it could of been much better.

17. Jackbo487

Regular

I still feel so sick sometimes over the Lostprophets one and all the money i spent on them/him over the years, let alone the hours spent listening

Brent and warriorsam like this.
  19. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

If he doesn’t once acknowledge the issue that she was underage then the sentiment isn’t there.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  20. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Yeah I read his statement before I read/heard anything about the allegations, doesn't even fucking touch the real issue

bradpetrik likes this.
  21. CheapPop

Regular

Terrible statement. Made it all about himself, while glossing over the fact that the girl was 15 at the time.

I have been a huge BN fan since Deja, but Jesse has lost all my respect. Terrible.

theagentcoma and bradpetrik like this.
  22. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

What I meant that he has the sentiment of apologizing but failed to do so by avoiding the issue at hand and made it about himself instead. I could of worded that better.

23. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

The only response is leave the tour and be done. Anything less is woefully inadequate.

24. Turkeylegz

Trusted

This certainly is bigger than my opinion of the band, but I wish the rest of them would put out a statement as well? I am starting to think they are probably just going to finish out the planned touring?

I suppose maybe they don't know yet either. I can't imagine how they feel if they are also just hearing about this.

25. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

“I will play my game beneath the Spin light.”

This Tiger Woods sex addict bullshit statement is disgusting.

What a vile human being Jesse Lacey is. I can’t look at the cover art of TDAG the same anymore, and I can’t look at this band the same anymore. I need a lot of time to process what I am feeling.

Keep believing women, and keep believing all victims of sexual abuse.