Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jesse Lacey Releases a Statement • Page 11

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 11, 2017.

1. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

im the only one genius enough to know jesse abused 15 year olds because lyrics

littlejohn, Brent and St. Nate like this.
  2. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

You people are wild, I didn’t imply that at all sheesh I’m only giving my take on someone who I’ve personally been unable to enjoy because a bulk of his songwriting is spiteful, highly demeaning towards whoever he’s writing about and comes across as cryptically creepy in general. Idk it’s just my take on it that most dude artists I’ve heard who write almost exclusively about how women have caused them pain or deserve retribution (excluding their recent LP) end up being a little slimy. I’m not saying you’re like him if you listen to his music, but I focus on the lyrics very hard whenever I listen to anything as do a ton of other people obviously.

3. Lucas27

Trusted

I've always deeply admired Brand New's innovativeness, but something about their music has always depressed me too much to be able to listen. Even in comparison to all the depressing music I listen to. Now I'm just...really glad I found it too depressing. This hurts enough knowing how many of my close friends and musical influences are going to be reeling after this.

4. kiguel182

Regular

I've made mistakes. Preying and abusing a 15 year old wasn't one of them...

AshlandATeam likes this.
  5. elliottsaray

hunk of lead

London shows are cancelled, just got an email about it. No surprise, really.

SaveTheEarth and CMilliken like this.
  6. Guilherme Brandao

Regular

What got me about that statement wasn't that he didn't address the underage girl issue explicitly, but that he spent almost seven paragraphs making it all about him and how he is flawed, but didn't acknowledge the victims and how he hurt them. That is fucked up.

Brand New is/was one of my favorite bands, so all this made me really disappointed and tainted how I feel about music that was very dear to me.

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  7. Josh Ausband

I really hate to read this.

I really don't want my $50 'Science Fiction' vinyl(that has yet to be mailed) anymore. Cant support him at this point.

I wonder if I can reach out to PT and plead a case to keep it and get a refund????

8. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Someone in a different thread e-mailed and asked and got a refund.

9. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

How did you pay for it? If with a credit card, dispute the charge.

10. Josh Ausband

Thanks. Great idea. I will let you know what they say

11. MrSark

On doit jouer à domicile comme à la maison.

The Dublin show was just postponed to Tue 25 Dec 2018, 19:00 and no word from Ticketmaster or the venue about refunds at this point...

12. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

London show is cancelled. Have had a ticket for months but was very unsure about attending, so this is for the best. Admittedly, I think I will still listen to and for the most part enjoy the music they've made, but I will say that Science Fiction felt undeniably tainted to me when I listened last night. I won't be remembering their music the same.

This situation is sad all around. I hope the fact that this came to light can help bring these women the support and healing they deserve. Extremely painful experience for those who had to endure his abuse, such a bitter note for a once-beloved band to end on, and sad for all those in this community who feel they've lost a hero.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

This band used the word "postponed" in the cancellation of the London show. Do they really think this will blow over before they are suppose to break up next year?

14. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Oh, cool, another devil's advocate chiming in to save the poor guy from those internet meanies.

15. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I'm having a hard time with the fact that there's a lot of them in the Chorus.fm comments.

16. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Christmas Day next year?! I wonder if that's just a mistake/placeholder before cancellation announcement.

Yeah, it's definitely officially cancelled. Ticket companies offering refunds and e-mailing those who bought tickets saying there is now rescheduling.

17. MrSark

On doit jouer à domicile comme à la maison.

I hope so, but so far nothing from Ticketmaster and the Olympia Theatre doesn't approve comments asking about refunds on the Event/Venue page

18. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

I mean, everything else aside - a Christmas Day gig is absurd in terms of what remaining attendees might show up.

19. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Me as well. There are two in particular who have been trying until they are blue in the face to defend him toward me.

20. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Thanks for reminding the rest of us that any bad thing we've ever done is on par with sexually manipulating an underage girl.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  21. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I mean, even after Jesse's statement they kept sticking to their "we don't have any proof" shit.

Edit: I just realized you're the one they kept harassing. I can't imagine how that feels.

22. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Oh it doesn’t bother me too much personally, it just makes me sad because it’s people like that who make it harder for stories like Nicole’s to be told. One guy was using the “anyone can accuse anyone of anything” stance and the other one was using the “most stories against musicians are false” stance so I mean it was like talking to a brick wall.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  23. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

And people say Brand New never talk to their fans...

Loki likes this.
  24. nickyeatworld

Regular

A lot of people question what should've Jesse do/write to fix things. To me there was only one option. He should've apologized to the victim years ago. Should've stood on his knees begging for a chance to be forgiven. Should've tried to prove that he is a better person now. Maybe everything would've been different. But now, as Ryan Tedder sings, it's too late to apologize.

Colby Searcy and tyramail like this.
  25. Loki

God of mischief

Well, Reddit is second only to Twitter in terms of anonymous courage. I have no doubt it is worse there.