Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jesse Coppenbarger of The Colour Revolt Working on Solo Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

YOOOO I MISS THIS BAND SO MUCH

j0hnnyrt and Hugo G. like this.
  3. TellYourFriends

Lexington, KY Prestigious

This is awesome news! Really enjoyed El Ebo as well.

4. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

Great news. Colour Revolt was so underrated

mercury, Hugo G. and KyleK like this.
  5. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

6. TellYourFriends

Lexington, KY Prestigious

Not much online about it, but it was also a solo project as far I know.

serotonin and Serenity Now like this.
  7. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

Oh my god, I cannot wait. Colour Revolt is one of my favorites and would love to see Jesse live again.

I saw All Get Out in 2017 and Nate started singing some Colour Revolt lyrics and it got me super hyped to see the love for the band like that.

wakaflockajamez likes this.
  8. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

El Obo is great. Looks like the only other release w his name on it on spotify is a song w Josh Brister called “Custody of the State”. His part of the song is pretty great. Not shocking.

9. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

hell yes !!!

10. serotonin

If anyone's not heard it, definitely check out this studio session Colour Revolt did a long time ago.

Serenity Now and mercury like this.
  11. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Its a shame these dudes didnt get huge in this scene. I think I saw them open for tbs and thursday a ways back, and they blew me away

12. serotonin

I actually saw them three times.

I originally heard of them when I saw them open for BN, but the most memorable show was when they did a co-headline tour with Manchester in 2007 for multiple reasons. That was actually a really insane experience. I saw them in Minneapolis the day that a major bridge collapsed, we were supposed to be on the bridge right around that time but my friend took a wrong turn and made us five minutes late. We arrived to the bridge with it surrounded by emergency vehicles and people running around screaming, it was horrifying honestly. The show was just a few blocks away and the tone of the room was incredibly somber. Andy played some RAGC songs and they destroyed me. We found out later that our parents were calling hospitals all night because all of the cell towers were locked up and they thought we were involved. Anyway, I still have that popsicIe tour poster on the wall signed by Andy Hull.

I saw them one more time right after The Cradle came out in 2009 at a university and I loved the show but it was a small cafe show so definitely wasn't their element.

Serenity Now and wakaflockajamez like this.
  13. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

YES! Colour Revolt is life.

serotonin likes this.
  14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Want more Colour Revolt! yeah!

serotonin likes this.
  15. MJap

Before they were Coulour Revolt, they were Fletcher.

Listen to “Friends Don’t Speak”; great album!

wakaflockajamez and serotonin like this.
  16. MrAirplane

Trusted

Jesse did a livestream set on Instagram last Friday. He announced that the album is finished and they were just about to order the vinyl as the shutdown started. Album is called "Reach Into the Dark and Pull It Closer"