Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jeremy Enigk Looking for a Record Label

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Steven Hyden interviewed Jeremy Enigk for Uproxx:

I guess I’m really looking for the right scenario. The people that I have talked to, it hasn’t quite worked out. Some people are like, ‘Well, you haven’t put out a record in eight years, maybe it’ll be another eight years.”‘That’s one thing, but also I want a friendship and a relationship. I want to make sure that if I’m gonna sign on with somebody, that they’re gonna do the job that needs to be done, and that it’s gonna be a good fit and they’re gonna be happy with the way I look at the music business and what it is I’m doing.

I’m not the type of guy who likes to sell himself. I’m not comfortable with that, so I want alternative ways of doing things that don’t completely make me a sellout or something. That might not totally appeal to everybody who needs to have a financial bottom line.

2. His latest album is quite good.

Lucas27 and carlosonthedrums like this.
  3. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

His latest record is so dang good. Could see him on a label like ATO, Polyvinyl, or Saddle Creek. However, really love what Run for Cover is doing right now and could see him there too.

4. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

The new album is amazing. I listened to it on repeat when it came out

5. Lucas27 Nov 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 28, 2017)
    Lucas27

Trusted

Mmhmm. And who can we thank for that?

Edit: I must clarify. Who can we thank for you DISCOVERING that it's quite good? Whoever he is, I can assure that he takes no credit for how good the album actually is. That would be delusional.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I didn't read the article yet but does he really need a label? It seems like he'd be better off releasing something himself or even creating his own small label. He is a legend in emo music but I think he'd be buried on a talented roster.

7. I LEARNED IT FROM YOOOUUU!!!!

Lucas27 likes this.
  8. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

I think a lot of it is that he wants to take a lot of the workload off of himself. Hopefully he can find the people who will work with him to allow him to continue to create music bc Ghosts is amazing

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Ok that makes sense. I was about to say I'm sure he could've done a PledgeMusic for the funds, hire management/booking agent and go on from there. If he just wants to be concerned with the music, then yes a label would be necessary.

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i believe he used pledge or indiegogo for this last album, and it has flown pretty well under the radar for most people.