Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jeopardy • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, May 22, 2019.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Anderson Cooper would probably actually be good at it.

2. DooDooBird

Trusted

Man, I've been saying this for the past year once people began speculating him as a possible Alex replacement. His voice isn't good. He's kinda raspy sounding and doesn't really speak with any authority.

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

stars143 likes this.
  4. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

I think Anderson Cooper and Savannah Guthrie are both going to be great.

stars143 likes this.
  5. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Im done with Ken.... I thought Katie Couric was this week, but no....

6. stars143

Trusted

I like Ken as host. Wouldn't mind at all if he was named the next full time host.

7. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Ken is the only choice that makes sense.

riotspray likes this.
  8. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Makes sense, sure.... I guess I could get used to him, though his voice is kind of annoying now.... I just dont like the small talk section (didnt like it with Alex either, though I dislike it more now) when he talks to the people. It just seems 'fake'.

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah Ken's small talk right at the beginning and during the player intros is so uncomfortable and forced

Jason Tolpin likes this.
  10. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Yes, forced. thats the word. Hes doing it because Alex did it. Perhaps if he did something new (or different) if possible.

But yeah - that's the word. Forced.

11. stars143

Trusted

I've been reading Alex Trebek's book. Lots of cool info in there, but one thing that blew my mind is Merv Griffin got $80,000,000 in royalties over the years just from the "Think!" song being played on the show. About three million a year.

riotspray likes this.
  12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I downloaded the audiobook, but haven't listened to it yet.

13. Jbent

Trusted

Jennings seems eager to take on the following in Alex's shadow challenge but unfortunately with no actual charm, charisma, or eloquence

14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

You guys are so hard on him. We'll see how the other hosts do, but I don't imagine many of them being able to do as well as Ken. He had incredibly big shoes to fill and while I agree he's a shadow of his predecessor, I think he's done a pretty good job all things considered.

15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

It’s not like Trebek was the host because he was so good at Jeopardy himself. He was the host because he’s good at being a host. Jennings being good at Jeopardy doesn’t mean he makes a good game show host

16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Of course the two things are unrelated but I think he happens to be a decent host as well as a great Jeopardy player.

stars143 likes this.
  17. Jbent

Trusted

He's just checks zero boxes for me as the new host of a show I've watched for years and years

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

That's fair. I'm just skeptical of how well the others guest hosts will do in comparison.

Jbent likes this.
  19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

They should use the Clue Crew

Jbent likes this.
  20. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I want to like him - kind of. We've been watching the show together (as a family) which is reminiscent of myself growing up, so thats fun. But the 'forced' talking.. the uncomfortable of watching him....

I dont know how Katie et al will do either. But they are known people, liked people, so I will assume (for now) that we will like them more.

21. stars143

Trusted

Some of them are liked. Dr. Oz is awful and Anderson Cooper is kinda lame.

I'm most curious how Aaron Rodgers does. It would be hilarious if he retired from football and hosted full time. Though they only film like 48 days a year, so he probably wouldn't even need to retire.

riotspray likes this.
  22. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Dr Oz is useless, yes. Anderson Cooper strikes me as interesting. So Ill watch him for sure.

Aaron Rodgers? Hurm.... dunno. Hes football. Football players, generally, arent known for smarts (sure, thats stereotypical, apologies)

23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm gonna keep watching every day regardless of who hosts.

Jbent likes this.
  24. stars143

Trusted

Rodgers was on Celebrity Jeopardy and beat Kevin O'Leary (from Shark Tank) and Mark Kelly (the former astronaut).

Trebek actually mentioned him by name in his book as someone who would be good playing in actual Jeopardy (since Celebrity Jeopardy has easier questions).

riotspray likes this.
  25. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Related/unreleated: The Chase is turning into a damn fine gameshow in its own right.