Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jeopardy • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, May 22, 2019.

1. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

his betting strategy makes perfect logical sense, only way he could win was if she got it wrong and she was always going to bet enough to cover if he bet everything

airik625 likes this.
  2. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I told everyone I knew the only way he was going to lose was if someone had more money going into final jeopardy, since he only ever missed one. And I was really convinced that was not going to happen. I did not anticipate someone buzzing in enough times to be a real challenge. I really thought he would go past 75 games.

On the other hand, I'm happy for Ken. He's my all time favorite. He's just a great guy. I've bought some of his trivia books too.

airik625 likes this.
  3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Someone said it last page but it really was a perfect storm of him getting the first DD on the very first question and then not getting either DD in Double Jeopardy.

riotspray and jbaseball44 like this.
  4. Morrissey

Trusted

The thing that is confusing people is that she did not bet that much. He assumed she would bet enough to lock him out if he they both got it right.

5. Morrissey

Trusted

I play a version of Jeopardy with my students, and teams that have more than double the points the other team has will go all in and then lose. It never stops being funny.

stayillogical and airik625 like this.
  6. jbaseball44

even if he would have bet it all he would have lost by a dollar, she did bet enough to shut him out, he was right

riotspray and airik625 like this.
  7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

He couldn't have won unless she missed the question.

8. Morrissey

Trusted

I didn't even realize that with all the talk about his bet. It makes the whole thing even sillier.

9. jbaseball44

think its just the stupid quick trigger wisdom of people thinking "if you're behind then bet it all!" without actually doing the math of what makes sense as a wager

I didnt get a chance to watch today but looks like she won again

10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

really good game today

12. airik625

riotspray and Ken like this.
  13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I've always been a fan of Jeopardy, but James got me back into watching daily. Don't think I've missed an episode since his run.

The Teen Tournament was really good.

14. airik625

riotspray likes this.
  15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

:(

17. simonthebutler

Regular

"The thought of the pancreatic cancer does not frighten me," he said. "I'm 79 years old. So, hey, I've lived a good life, a full life, and I'm nearing the end of that life. I know that."
    That last quote is heartbreaking.

riotspray likes this.
  18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

today's game was really good

also, Tournament of Champions starts next week with the return of Jeopardy James.

airik625 and stayillogical like this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

airik625 and riotspray like this.
  20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

riotspray likes this.
  21. stayillogical

Omg, yes please.

22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Stoked for that Primetime championship.

The Tournament of Champions was great. I was rooting for Emma and she gave James a run for his money. Would love to see them play against each other again

23. stayillogical

That was amazing. Go Ken!

riotspray, clucky and David87 like this.
  24. clucky

Trusted Supporter

That before during and after category was bananas

James is definitely winning a game or two if not the whole thing. He'll get better luck with the daily doubles

Glad Ken's conservative wager in game 1 didn't come back to bite him. Feel like he needs to be more aggressive but who knows maybe he'll prove me wrong

Hope Brad gets back into things tomorrow games could've been at lot different if he was on

In my ideal world Ken wins on night five because I want the others to still do well but heart can take the drama of a game seven

riotspray likes this.
  25. stayillogical

People are impressed that James knew that Three 6 Mafia answer, but so did I! Although that's because one of my favorite Oscar moments is when after that win, Jon Stewart came out to say, "Martin Scorsese: zero Oscars. Three 6 Mafia: one." This was pre-The Departed win.

riotspray and airik625 like this.