Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jeopardy • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, May 22, 2019.

1. I could see that

2. Morrissey

Trusted

Apparently in some markets Jeopardy airs in the morning so a lot of people have already seen it. Kind of a weird way to keep the show fresh, although I guess pre-Internet and without huge events most wouldn't bother to look.

3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i feel like if the leak was put out there to get people to watch it would've left more to interpretation. the clip was like the entire conclusion of Final Jeopardy including reactions

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not sure where it airs, when, but the entire episode was on torrent sites mid-day yesterday.

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Well damn it. Kinda sucks, I enjoy seeing runs like that

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

kbeef2 and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  7. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I wish it hadn't been plastered all over the internet, so I could've watched the episode and been surprised.

8. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

perfect storm tonight with him not getting either double jeopardy's in the double round and finding the single one on first clue, so only able to wager 1000. will miss him (though nothing against the girl who won)

riotspray likes this.
  9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Over/under on wins for the woman that beat him? 3?

riotspray likes this.
  10. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

based solely on tonight she seemed very quick to buzz in, which for me is the most important element since most of the time all 3 contestants know the answer. I'll say she wins 4

airik625 likes this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Thank God!

[​IMG]

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

It will be interesting to see how players adjust going forward. Going after high dollar questions first and gambling big on Daily Doubles.

13. airik625

You would have to feel comfortable wagering massive amounts even in categories you aren’t comfortable in. That’s why it worked so well for James, he knew just about everything. I can’t remember how many perfect games he had, but it was more than a few. And I think he was 32/33 on final jeopardy?

riotspray and stayillogical like this.
  14. stayillogical

James really changed the game. But I doubt many players can try this strategy themselves.

15. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

..well now I can go back to watching Jeopardy occasionally. What a run. Really enjoyed seeing James dominate.

stayillogical likes this.
  16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

64f4553.png

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

David87 and riotspray like this.
  18. airik625

Ken and James both actually seem like hilarious guys. I’ve been meaning to back and read some more of Ken’s blog after reading his post on James a week or so back.

19. Morrissey

Trusted

My father is convinced that he threw the game, even after I explained his general strategy in that low bet.

stayillogical likes this.
  20. airik625

21. airik625

My wife won’t see the reasoning either.

22. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I don't remember the numbers exactly, but I'm guessing it was something along the lines of just enough to put him ahead of the third place guy if he had doubled up? Then he's just banking on the leader getting it wrong. Is that right?

riotspray likes this.
  23. airik625

24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

exactly.

going into Final Jeopardy, that was his only chance.

Groogz likes this.
  25. stayillogical

People don't understand final jeopardy wagering strategy. My sister who watches with me all the time just figured out they wager before the question is given.