Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jeopardy • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, May 22, 2019.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I think he was my favorite of the guest hosts this far.

Jbent likes this.
  2. Jbent

Trusted

Same

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah I liked him by the end of it

4. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Joe Buck is also trying out.... SHould be good.

My girls are hoping Anderson does a good job.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Joe Buck sucks

stars143 and Sean Murphy like this.
  7. Morrissey

Trusted

Joe Buck's talk show was a disaster.

8. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Excited for Robin Roberts and LeVar Burton of the group announced. I'm really liking Anderson Cooper so far.

Jbent likes this.
  9. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I like Joe Buck in baseball. Jeopardy? Dunno

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

no one likes joe buck. its wild that he is used in everything

12. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

incorrect. I may feel like no one sometimes, but I like him.

* shrugs *

13. Morrissey

Trusted

He happens to do a lot of Cowboy games, so it is easy to ignore him during the season.

14. Jbent

Trusted

An older lady I used to work with was a massive golf fanatic, like traveled to pga tourneys, meet and greets all that so I took her word for it that the golf community hates joe buck. She despised him as well lol

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

man that fucking sucked haha. Poor guy

riotspray, stars143 and Jbent like this.
  16. Jbent

Trusted

[​IMG]

17. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

That’s always bullshit imo. Like the guy who pronounced it “Gangster’s Paradise” instead of “Gangsta’s”

OhTheWater likes this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, Jeopardy has always seemed inconsistent to me with what they end up accepting and what they don't. I didn't see this live but I assume this was incorrect because it is legitimately the incorrect title of the book, but i've seen some extremely other BS situations where they either take money away from someone after a commercial break or just flat out tell them theyre wrong

riotspray likes this.
  19. stars143

Trusted

Another inconsistency is that the Daily Double answer time is up to the host. They're just waiting for a few seconds and seeing if the contestant looks like they're going to come up with the correct answer.

riotspray and OhTheWater like this.
  20. Jbent

Trusted

I feel like I've seen the "mid-summer(s) night(s) dream" clue answer bullshit a few times since I was a kid

I also love the judges have reviewed your answer from 10 mins ago you mispronounced it wrong and you are actually down $1000 now - I'd be so mad lol

21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

this is the worst example of that

Orla, bachna84 and Jbent like this.
  22. Morrissey

Trusted

As someone who plays Jeopardy with students a lot, if you start giving a little leeway on the answers it becomes pandemonium.

stars143 likes this.
  23. Jbent

Trusted

I keep laughing at this lol every letter was correct like that's the point of the game lol hilarious

riotspray likes this.
  24. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

That wasnt fair. I get it. He misspelled it... Fine... Just not fair.

25. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I was watching White Men Can't Jump the other day and Rosie Perez answers "What is Mount Suvius?" then they go to the judges and allow it. Lol she's missing an entire syllable so I don't think it should have counted. I think pronunciation shouldn't matter as long as all the syllables are there. As for the guy losing the final, it's definitely wrong because he added to the title. It has to have the same meaning. Like you can't make something plural with an s if that's not the answer.

airik625 and riotspray like this.