Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jeopardy • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, May 22, 2019.

1. stars143

Trusted

[​IMG]

mike1885 and David87 like this.
  2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

wow april jeopardy is going to absolutely rock

3. Jbent

Trusted

Anderson cooper will shock me if he's anything less than stellar, 8/10 at worst

4. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Anderson Cooper should be good, agreed.

Aaron Rodgers wasnt that bad. Could end up ok. We'll see.

Jbent likes this.
  5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Rodgers was pretty wooden. Good joke in final Jeop that loosened him up a little. We’ll see

Jason Tolpin likes this.
  6. Jbent

Trusted

Following dr oz hosting jeopardy is such a prime spot for him too, I feel like he'd be a great host if he was ideally like 5-10 years older maybe?

7. Sean Murphy Apr 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2021)
    Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think i realized one of the things about the guest hosts that irks me so much - theres absolutely no reason why every single night they have to come out and give some awkward like 10-15sec spiel about them or like, what they’ve “learned”. I think everyone should do a lil intro on their first show, give it some of their own flavor, but every day it just starts it off on such an uncomfortable foot lol

stars143 and riotspray like this.
  8. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

True.

And Im not liking Aaron has guest host. I thought he would grow on me a little, but Im just not feeling it....

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i like him but, he's very very laid back and casual, puts almost no excitement into it.

10. stars143

Trusted

He definitely has a passion for the game. I wouldn't mind seeing him be a guest host once a year.

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah his only problem is just the general monotone he’s speaking it. He seems almost....shy? Lol

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I like Aaron Rodgers decently as a host.

My rankings so far...
    1. Ken Jennings
    2. Mike Richards
    3. Aaron Rodgers
    4. Katie Couric

5. Dr. Oz

Jason Tolpin likes this.
  13. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

My girls liked Ken. I liked Mike. Theres more coming, but....

14. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

stars143, stayillogical and riotspray like this.
  15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

He’s gotten better

16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

yeah, Rodgers is quickly moving up my list of guest hosts

17. stars143

Trusted

Remember they film a week of shows in a day... so his whole run is just two days to improve!

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

riotspray likes this.
  19. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Unfortunately, that also means he can never compete again as a contestant. With Ken, James, and Brad being out of all future tournaments, Buzzy would've been someone I looked forward to.

20. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

There have been two really great moments in the last two weeks that I'm still laughing about. I took a photo of the clue and checked Twitter both times to catch other people's reactions...

20210407_195603.jpg Screenshot_20210407-195429_Twitter.jpg 20210414_185609.jpg Screenshot_20210414-190206_Twitter.jpg

riotspray, stars143 and bachna84 like this.
  21. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Ive seen little women (Winona Ryder version) but honestly, I dont know the story. I Could google, or could you explain? Does someone die in the book/movie?

22. stars143

Trusted

One of the sisters, Beth, dies before growing up

I just watched the Katharine Hepburn version recently. Still need to watch the most recent one!

23. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Aaron was alright, but him consistently going "that's.... CORRect" and "OH YEAH" was getting old.

24. Jbent

Trusted

I also thought Rogers was fine, if I was to give an assessment on his hosting I feel like he'd be so much better if he'd "loosen up" which sounds odd because his entire brand is the super chill cal star qb that's also really smart as well. Idk the eye test of just watching the game makes me feel he's trying really hard to seem as if it comes easy or natural for him?

I've heard many of his pressers for green bay over the years to know he's very intelligent, I do think he would get better if given the opportunity to host again

25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

It’s also pretty out of his wheel house all things considered. I think he did a great job for what I expected

stars143 and Brent like this.