Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jeopardy • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, May 22, 2019.

1. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Speaking of other quiz shows... anyone else watched The Hustler? I've watched the first three episodes and find it really entertaining.

Basic idea is they have five people. Get asked a trivia question as a group, if they get the answer right $10,000 gets added to the pot. But one of the five people secretly knows all the answers. At the end they have to guess who that person ("the hustler") is, if they are wrong hustler wins everything if they are right remaining people split the pot (a few people get eliminated along the way).

Flows much better than the chase did for me. Very fun mix of trivia and social manipulation/deduction.

riotspray likes this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

sounds interesting, might check that out

3. riotspray Feb 7, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2021)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for the rec. Just watched the first 2 episodes and I really enjoyed it. Gonna catch up on the rest.

edit: yeah, The Hustler rules.

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Awful

6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't care much for the producer as a host, but I guess in 2 weeks the various guest hosts will start so that should be interesting.

Also, what was that dude thinking with his wager on that last Daily Double? Just handed over the game.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Lol yeah that baffled me - i didnt mind the producer as host, he seemed immediately smoother and less awkward than Jennings, but i just am looking forward to Aaron Rodgers april 5-16.

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

That one guy was soooo heated with the gnu daily double haha

riotspray likes this.
  9. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I thought the producer did fine (Is his name Michael Richards, just like Kramer?)

My daughter didnt like him, and wanted Ken back (lol)

He seemed very smooth with it.

10. stars143

Trusted

Same name, but he goes by Mike. He's a producer, but has a lot of hosting experience. He hosted Beauty and the Geek and a show called The Pyramid.

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

He was fine, but I prefer Ken.

blast0rama likes this.
  12. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Somedays, I feel stupid (Monday) and do not know any answers in round 1, let alone round 2. Monday (or Tuesday) was one of those days, where wife/daughter 3 were getting all the answers (countries, English Lit, or anything else) where I didnt even open my mouth for a wrong answer (stumped all game).

Last night, I hit a lot of right answers, Its weird how it works that way. All it takes is a couple categories that you are familiar with.

riotspray likes this.
  13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep. I'm gonna be so mad if I ever make it on one day only to be smacked with a bunch of categories I know jack ish about lol

14. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I think my youngest daughter would do very well. Somehow, she just reatains a lot of information in that head of hers. She turns 18 in 3 days, and will sign up for something (a test?). Should be interesting.

David87 and riotspray like this.
  15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah and at that age she can probably test for all 3 (teen tourney, college, and regular adult). I wish I had figured out ways to take the test back when I was in college. I didn't start doing it until I was an adult and it was all online.

The audition is tough though. Written test with questions that def seem harder than the initial online test, which is already much harder than the TV questions.

riotspray likes this.
  16. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Id fail everything. Id get negative poi nts on everything.

riotspray likes this.
  17. Jbent

Trusted

The 2 guarantees of jeopardy watching w SO:

If it is a ~astrological category I will blurt out "who is Galileo" regardless of clue

I know nothing about broadway or the tony award winners, 0.00% lifetime correct answers

David87 likes this.
  18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

My go to for French lit pre-19th Century is always Voltaire, it ends up working out more often than not lol

Jbent likes this.
  19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I crushed the FFC final jeopardy the other day

20. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Mike Richards is probably my pick so far. Dude has wanted to be a host for a while and he’s been waiting on the sideline for a bit. He used to be the EP of Price Is Right too.

21. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

He seems to be enjoying himeself.

22. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

He’s also enough of a blank canvas that I don’t think it would be as jarring as a celebrity.

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

A celeb is def not the right choice. I don't really like this dude or Ken, but the more I see them the more I'll get used to them I guess.

riotspray likes this.
  24. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

* blinks *

Did no one watch the show from last night? Or are you still stunned at the ending!

riotspray and OhTheWater like this.
  25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Unreal! I was pulling for Jon