Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jensen McRae’s Phoebe Bridgers Parody Gets Official Release

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jensen McRae has released “Immune,” a full version of the Phoebe Bridgers parody song that went viral.

A couple weeks ago I had this idea about the idea of the vaccination anthem. This pandemic has colored pop culture permanently, whether we like it or not. On the way to us, almost inevitably, are pandemic romcoms and pandemic novels and, in my case, pandemic songs. This song came about partly as a joke, a parody of one of my favorite songwriters of all time, Phoebe Bridgers, who specializes in dark, spare, precise lyrics about Our Unprecedented Times. My prediction about how Bridgers would tackle love in the time of vaccination—and an accompanying clip of the hypothetical song—took off on Twitter, so me and my producer, Rahki, decided to finish the song and turn it into something that sounds like me. It’s about how the emotional stakes of our relationships have been ratcheted up in light of global calamity, about hipsters and science and dogs and love. Enjoy.

Jensen McRae
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

This was great when I saw it on twitter and even better in a finished song. I was secretly hoping that Phoebe would finish it with her and/or sing on the final version. Nonetheless - great track.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  3. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

If only. She plugged it on Twitter though.

4. mrenkens007

Surprise, Surprise Prestigious

I will take the full album now please and thank you.

5. Yourbiggestflan

Regular

Love this kind of stuff. Very cool and unique idea.

6. surgerone

Regular Supporter

I've followed Jensen on tiktok for a while now and this whole thing makes me so happy. Also the song is amazing

7. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Oh well she's pretty awesome! Just listened to a few of her own songs too.