Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jenny Lewis Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 6, 2016.

1. airik625 Jul 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 28, 2018)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

What an incredible performance. She has such great stage presence and you call tell she just loves what she does.

She played three new songs and they all sounded amazing. Look out for these upcoming tracks “Heads Gonna Roll” - which I could see being the opening track of her new album (here it below), “Wasted Youth” (or could be called “Candy Crush” she said because of the game), and “Party Clown” - which was a lot of fun.

PS @Gjpeace I didn’t know the Bijou theater used to be a brothel haha. Jenny made more than a few comments about feeling the vibe of the place haha.

Seeing her close with "With Arms Outstretched" was so powerful.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Heads Gonna Roll was my favorite of the new songs. Didn't care for the clown song.

airik625 likes this.
  3. airik625

Figured “heads gonna roll” was gonna be the opener. Good choice.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

ghostedaway likes this.
  5. airik625

Always excited about new Jenny Lewis.

I'm kind of surprised she didn't stick with the same theme for the artwork as her last two albums. I don't hate it, I just don't really like it.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

On a big Rilo Kiley kick right now. I somehow never listened to Take Offs and Landings before either, but it's really really great. More Adventurous is still my favorite, but I'm really appreciating Under the Blacklight this week too.

8. airik625

But I'm sure you've heard Motion City's cover of "Pictures of Success" right?

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yes that I have! And I knew it was a Rilo Kiley song - I just never listened to the full album.