Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jeff Rosenstock - Worry (October 14, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Definitely listen along to lyrics, huge part of the album.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  2. Really glad the lyrics are up already. It's been a while since I had a first listen to anything while reading along and it definitely made me appreciate the album even more.

Also, you were right - I love this.

ECV likes this.
  3. So glad to hear it hahaha.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  4. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

'The Fuzz' and '...While You're Alive' are incredible and so is this album. Passionate, powerful, I love it.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

best multi-song medly's in rock music... GO

The Beatles - Abbey Road medley
    Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia & Homecoming
    The Mars Volta - Cassandra Gemini
    Sum 41 - A Dark Road Out of Hell
    Jeff Rosenstock - back half of Worry

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh god yes

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Blast Damage Days :heart:

8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Blast Damage Days and While You're Alive were my instant favorites. My thoughts on this change every time I listen to it though.

9. Pash Rash is my favorite track on here but it's so hard to pick when it's such a cohesive piece of music.

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Didn't know there was an album thread, and was wondering why there was no talk of this in the Jeff thread. Anyways I'm super excited about this. As someone who hasn't listened to Bomb! I loved We Cool.

11. Definitely at least listen to Vacation by Bomb. Jeff has such a solid discography.

Cameron likes this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I know I know I've been meaning to check out Vacation and Adults since after listening to Jeff I keep forgetting haha.

13. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Fuck, this is so good. I loved We Cool, but this is on another level.

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is so good. Definitely feels like a spiritual successor to Vacation

15. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not sure if I like it more than We Cool yet, but I wouldn't expect to after listening for a day. I'd say it's almost definitely more ambitious. Every one of Jeff's albums means a lot to me and I'm sure this will be no different.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

To Be A Ghost -> Pietro -> I Did Something Weird -> Blast Damage Days is so gooooood

I honestly probably prefer the front half of this album, as cool as the back half gets.

17. Horrorca

Trusted

18. Horrorca

Trusted

"I’ll sound like a cliché, fuck it. Music has always gotten me everything bad, so that’s the music I wanna make. So even though it might be typical Jeff Rosenstock bullshit, with this record I was hoping to take that panic, anxiety and dread alongside all the love I truly feel in my heart for the people I care about and shake it all out real loud."

amazing

19. tacobelle

Jesus christ, I forgot about the fact that Jeff throws up his albums for free (although, with an album as good as this one, the dude deserves much moolah in the donations)

If you still haven't given this thing a spin, please do so. It's one of the most lyrically-potent, thrilling rock records of the year. If you're keen on acts like Car Seat Headrest, you'll probably dig this quite a bit.

--::--:: JEFF ROSENSTOCK - WORRY. ::--::--

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  20. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

This is fucking great.

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this is monumental so far

22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

holy fuck the back half of this is a god damn trip

23. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Loving this so far. Although I can't say I love it more than We Cool? (Yet, anyhow, but that's an album that got me through some shit.), I think it takes all the flaws of that album (having a few lesser songs that sound a little *too* much like Pinkerton) and improves upon them greatly.

24. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

listened to the first three songs and loved them so far. can't wait to listen to the rest after school today.

25. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Oh shit I forgot this was coming out today!