Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jeff Rosenstock - POST- (January 1st, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Jan 1, 2018.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Man I miss some of these weird ass melodies that he'd string together. He has become, dare I say it, a bit safe.

irthesteve likes this.
  2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I am not sure an album can mean more than Scrambles does to me personally.

I’ll just echo everyone else here. They all have some gems, they’re all worth listening to. Messier than his solo output for sure, but that’s part of the charm.

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

KidLightning likes this.
  4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Thanks, but isn't there a line after that or are they repeating it?

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Listened a few times now and I think my highlights are USA, Yr Throat, and 9/10, but I think it's all good.

Also need to get on the BTMI train.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I believe they're repeating it

7. Feel this is important and was briefly talked about last year (on a very small scale via Twitter) and was forgotten about.

Person being talked about is Ian from Cheap Girls.

Contender likes this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Blocking people is very weird

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

He did recently take down the Cheap Girls records that were being sold on the Really Records store. Happened way too late, and only after being called out on it, but I do think it important to note he is not profiting off Ian any more.

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

His silence on the matter has bothered me since it came up. Not that he knew about/had anything to do with the abuse, but keeping Cheap Girls records on Q/UQ for so long and then silently taking them off was strange. Could plead ignorance, I guess, but he issued no sort of “sorry” like Asian Man Records did.

Can’t speak on anything about him still keeping Ian as a friend

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Attempting to follow on Twitter. Jeff keeps asking people to DM him. Hopefully he makes this right

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

solid album again, great job Jeff

14. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Halfway through and this is fucking good. Never got into Worry for some reason, but loved We Cool?.

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

One of the first people I saw calling him out yesterday. Seems like he opened up to them about it privately.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  16. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Worry is still my fav stuff from him but this ones gonna grow on me, I can feel it in my bones

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Sick, Later is such a good song. Gets me every time

18. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Think Yr Throat is my favorite atm.

radiodead likes this.
  19. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I've listened to this a few times now and it doesn't really immediately grab me like Worry did. USA and 9/10 are great, but overall it doesn't come close to living up. There's no Begged to Explode, or Festival Song, or Wave Goodnight to Me. The production also bothers me, but that may just be enhanced by my crappy headphones.

20. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

glad that Jeff seems to be genuinely concerned with resolving this, but two of my all-time favorite artists have been exposed for being quiet about rapist's and abuser's actions in the past few months and it just absolutely sucks. I can't even imagine how those who have been abused feel about Jeff's silence in the past. it's also strange to keep on reminding myself that the scene isn't necessarily bad now, but instead, this stuff has been going on for years and people are finally now just being supported when they come forward.

21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

9/10, USA, Yr Throat have settled as my favorites

radiodead and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Agreed.

radiodead likes this.
  23. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Liking this but not as much as Worry. I think 9/10 might be my new favorite song by him tho.

24. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

On my 3rd listen already, I just keep reaching for this, very good thing.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like a tour is about to pop up